Selling Big Blue...

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I write this... I am selling my 86 F350 IDI Turbo Dually Crew Cab... I have had it for almost 16 years, and rebuilt nearly everything thanks to the amazing and tremendous help and knowledge I have gained here, from many of the long time members... i no longer have the time to devote to this truck that it deserves, and I am hoping that someone here might be interested in it. Ten years ago it was rebuilt from the frame up due to an accident, and it has a PA reconstructed title. About five years ago I rebuilt the engine to Turbo specs thanks to all the help from many members here... The truck runs great, but I can't keep up with all the maintenance of small things that fail on a truck that is nearly 30 years old! Nearly everything I was able to do to this truck I learned from this forum and it's predecessors. I have never found a more helpful forum or a more helpful group of people!

I just want to thank one more time, all the members here that have helped me over the years... I have not posted in years, but I still read sometimes and it is good to see so many familiar names. And a special thanks to Mel. He sold me my Baby Moose and timed my truck for me... I highly recommend him and his business to anyone! They are just good people...

If you are interested, I posted Big Blue in the Marketplace...

Thanks again to everyone...
Todd

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, Todd! Sad to see you go, but I understand...you have to do what you have to do.

I just want to thank one more time, all the members here that have helped me over the years... I have not posted in years, but I still read sometimes and it is good to see so many familiar names.
For that matter, let me thank you! I remember the threads we had a few years back where you posted quite a bit of invaluable information that you had found about the Doug Nash/U.S. Gear overdrive units...please let me thank you for that once again!

Don't be afraid to stick around ;Sweet

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say I don't get on here much anymore. For quite a few years I was here every day, and I learned so much from all of you!
Warden, I remember that discussion. I still have some Doug Nash parts and a manual laying around. I may be back again to sell off my stock of IDI parts. I have nearly enough used parts to build another engine, minus the crank and injection pump.

I was really hoping to find a home for Big Blue with someone here who could appreciate her... We'll see, I'm not in a big hurry...

I have to say (again I think) that I have never seen another forum with so many people willing and able to help out a fellow truck owner.

Thanks again...

Todd

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If I had the cash, I'd already be on the way to PA!!!!

Good luck Todd. I remember the broke crank issue....

Favorite bodystyle also. The boss and I would fight over driving it.......

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warden, I remember that discussion. I still have some Doug Nash parts and a manual laying around. I may be back again to sell off my stock of IDI parts. I have nearly enough used parts to build another engine, minus the crank and injection pump.
I hear you...I have a nasty suspicion that the Doug Nash parts wouldn't be practical to ship, but if we can figure something out, I may be interested. I'm DEFINITELY interested in the manual if you decide to let it go.

Still sad to see her go, but I understand...I wish you the best of luck with finding a good home for her ;Sweet

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that interior is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
the rest of the truck is a awesome rig too, but i really like the wood grain dash.

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold "Big Blue." I'm really a bit sad to see it go, but it was time for me to say goodbye... The good news is I think it has a long future ahead. I suggested that the new owner comes here for advice and lots of good reading.

Thanks again for a great 16 years with this truck... We had our ups and downs (Just talk to Mel about my broken crank sometime...) but it was well worth the adventure! And it would not have been possible without all the help and good advice I received here! Thanks to all of you, and Oilburner.net (and it's predecessors...) This is truly a one of a kind forum, and a great asset to anyone with one of these great old trucks!!!

Todd

Jargo

Reaction score
Hi Todd, thanks for giving me the honor of purchasing Big Blue. I have never been happier with a vehicle purchase and i do intend to keep and cherish it for a long time! Thank you for being such a patient seller and just a stand up guy!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Todd, thanks for giving me the honor of purchasing Big Blue. I have never been happier with a vehicle purchase and i do intend to keep and cherish it for a long time! Thank you for being such a patient seller and just a stand up guy!
Welcome aboard!! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jargo. Please ask about buying anything for your truck before you actually buy something. the internet has so many cheats waiting to cheat you saying they have the best low cost parts. This forum recommends you read the Hall of shame before buying parts if you don't ask about a seller first. No matter what comes up on your rig I'm sure it has been discussed many times here and members are waiting to help day or nite with answers.

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...

I'm just glad to see it go to someone who appreciates it. You've come to the best place there is, here, for help and advice... Learn to use the search feature, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. You will be amazed (as I was) by the knowledge that you find here!

Todd

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go Todd. The exchanges at the Oregon Dairy were fun, and your tales of woe were educational and inspiring. Many have enjoyed the broken crank, and my passing down the stories you told to me. I hope you will still find your way here now and then to exercise your IDI Owner emeritus status.

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mel!
Thanks so much...
I can't say enough how much I appreciate all the help and support from you and everyone here. This really is a unique place, mostly because of the members. Though I never posted a lot, for many years I was here nearly every day reading. And I was always amazed by the knowledge and help that the members here would extend to everyone who came here. Though I don't have a diesel anymore, I appreciate the offer to come back as an IDI Owner Emeritus... I'll take you up on that offer!

I hope you and your family are all doing well! Thanks again for the help with Big Blue! I am glad that I was able to pass it on to someone who will be able to give it the attention and care that it deserves...

Todd
"IDI Owner Emeritus"