Seat repair

82fordtruck

Reaction score
My truck has the foam which is being cut by the wires on the frame. It sinks a few inches when sitting and I generally hate it. The foam has been discontinued.

I was wondering about putting soemthing like window screen in there to help distribute the weight, but I think that will fail relatively quickly.

I'd really like to upgrade to the bucket seats, but can't find any.

What have you guys done?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to an upholstry shop and have it done. Usually not to expensive and often much cheaper than factory covers and foam from a dealership. There are foams out now that are way better than what originally came on these trucks.

Or

Wait until you find what you really want. You can check www.car-part.com for seats.

I cast a vote for Leather Captains chairs and console from a Lariat Superduty, Comfy to say the least:Thumbs Up Then just get the door panels, dash and headliner re-worked at the upholstry shop to match. That would look;Sweet

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the best "quick" fix is to glue the foam back together with RTV.

I've used cardboard under the wires before but that places the foam further out than it's suposed to be. But still better than being sunk down.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Most upholstery shops use heavy burlap on top of the springs and then the foam. That usually lasts longer than the foam.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
I generally cant wait till i sink down in the seat. 203k and still not happened, damn my bad luck.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

Here's what I did on my daughter's truck last summer.

Bought a custom set of buckets/center console. Got 'em and they didn't match. Searched the world over for stock '91 upholstery. Then paid way too much to a top upholstery shop to have them recovered. A few months later Ryan Eklund and I went halves on a complete perfect interior out of a '92 or '93 with buckets that matched his interior and I again had the rear seat re-upholstered.

End result is, if you want buckets, watch eBay. You get more results if you search under Bronco or F-150 seats. If you just want re-pad and upholster, take it to a shop and have it done right. The later model fabric is still pretty obtainable. If the latter is the route you decide to go and have trouble finding the fabric, PM me.

Tom

Attachments

• New Interior.JPG
    New Interior.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 8