Score

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up these two new doors, (going to paint her up this spring) hardly a scratch on them and best of all electric windows and locks.

Best of all the great price, FREE, no more el-man-u-l windows, gonna look nice with my gray seats and mostly gray other stuff, here is a pic of the doors and my old red manual ones. ;Sweet

I spent and hour trying to figure out the wiring, understanding that the ground and hot must swap polarity's for the locks and windows, does anyone have a wiring diagram to save me some time and anger. :dunno

Attachments

• IMG_4628.JPG
    IMG_4628.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4629.JPG
    IMG_4629.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4627.JPG
    IMG_4627.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4626.JPG
    IMG_4626.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 9

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Awesome score! Those would bring 200 clams or better round these parts.

Just out of curiosity, have ya checked behind the foot panels. IIRC the door power harness should have a connector to plug into for each side hiding behind the panels.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't look (Too cold) but I can go back and get them, my wiring harness will not be wired for electric windows will they? or do they all have the wires even if the truck did not come with electric stuff.

My truck is an XL not an XLT.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No to bust your bubble.....but they are a late 95-97 door and have the crease at the bottom. Is your truck a 4dr? if so they will stand out like a sore thumb even so. good score

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the power windows dont change polarity, they only have 2 wires, both are power. the door grounds them. put power to one and the window goes up, put power to the other one and the window goes down

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mine is a two door ext cab, these came off an ext cab also, look ex the same as mine.

Haven't looked inside my door yet or at the wire harness, is there a chance my old 93 XL has extra wires for electric stuff built in these doors?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No mine is a two door ext cab, these came off an ext cab also, look ex the same as mine.

Haven't looked inside my door yet or at the wire harness, is there a chance my old 93 XL has extra wires for electric stuff built in these doors?

Good luck w that. I would highly doubt there is any power to be had

discbrks

Reaction score
I didn't look (Too cold) but I can go back and get them, my wiring harness will not be wired for electric windows will they? or do they all have the wires even if the truck did not come with electric stuff.

My truck is an XL not an XLT.

I installed pdl & pw on my '94 XL. Its easy to do. Pull the LH kick panel off (beside the E-brake) and you'll find an 8-pin grey plug that has nothing plugged into it. That is the hot for pw & pdl. You will need the COMPLETE harness for this, at least to make it simple. If you have access to the truck that the doors came from, go get the rest of the harness. You'll have to pull the dash down b/c it runs right under the windshield. Sounds harder than it really is. When you install the harness in your truck, just zip tie it under the dash - don't pull the dash out. The only time that you need to rewire something is IF the donor truck had remote keyless entry and you don't want that.
Check out those things & let me know if you need any more help.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda figured I would need the whole harness, looked at my truck and the donor truck, donor has lots more wires than mine.

I may try to figure out the wiring needs for the switch just to make each door roll the window up and down and not work together. I will see if robing the whole harness is an option I want to go with. Thanks for letting me know that it has been done.

The window motor I found also will not go up and down without swapping the polarity. Just two wires running to it so it explains why there are so many wires running to the switch, it does the polarity swapping as I thought.

It will take a lot of time to figure out the wiring so pulling the whole harness may be an easier option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online