sanford and son

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 30 psi gauge should do you okay. I’ve seen about 22 lbs on mine. That’s a pretty good workout. I hope to see more of that once I get my fan clutch changed.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 30 psi gauge should do you okay. I’ve seen about 22 lbs on mine. That’s a pretty good workout. I hope to see more of that once I get my fan clutch changed.

yeah im probably gonna get a banks one for a PSD or something. it pulled that total weigh pretty good and i was in pretty hilly terrain. honestly could use more fuel and thats a 90cc pump and i maxed the fuel screw which wasn't much.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, those are some impressive numbers! how was the pyro doing?

you can see it in the picture. it was right around 900 and maybe tapped 1,000. in the hot summer it will run a little warmer but this weather is mint.

it really seems like i keep giving it fuel and it keeps making effective boost so the EGTs stay cool. really need to be like 2,500 rpm and above or it will get hot.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I in theory have a little more fuel than you do and I’m pretty sure I can digest my pump fully if I keep the rpms up and the water temps down. That’s been my nemesis. RPMs are the big thing. I found out a lot of my issue early on with boost was not enough rpm. I wish it came on just a little sooner. But your right, it’s not fully happy until you get in that 2500 range then it starts making boost. This is my issue with towing in OD. With the 3.55’s I got to be going 80 plus to really spoil that thing fully.... not that I’ve ever tried that, of course.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do yall have your timing set? Turbo should be spooling a bit sooner than 2500 from what I remember looking at the compressor maps

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do yall have your timing set? Turbo should be spooling a bit sooner than 2500 from what I remember looking at the compressor maps
I’m around 9.5. I set it when the engine went back in but have never taken the time to tune it. Ive thought about backing it off a little.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think mine is around 8. i had alex time it and he did mention lower timing might help.

the only time OD wont pull with ease is if i have over 4,000 lbs on the trailer. over the summer i towed some regular sedan cars to the derby on the highway and can stay in OD and maintain speed or pass the speed keepers lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828