San Diego meet-n-greet anybody?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I wont be attending todys meet. Lots of reasons keeping me from being there today. Mostly being here for my wife is making the trip an impossibility. Just a funny reason that wont allow me to drive the rig... I was driving the crewcab last week about 180 miles delieverying some mats for a horse show reason... The boost was kinda low compared to other trips. So I was watching the engine run yesterday. Just listening and looking for a low boost reason. Kinda was hearing what sounded like a whistleing noise. Couldn't see or feel anything. So I removed the Banks/ S&B filter housong. Shut down the engine and felt the inlet side of the turbo. Well it turns kinda hard..... So today the turbo comes off. I have a spare complete rebuild so I wont be down at all. Just will be looking closely at why the turbo is difficuly to turn. Still didn't find the reason for the whistle either. Could even be a vacuum whislte too. Sorry I wont be there but family first. You guys are a very close family second....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a "heads up".....
i'm running a little behind timewise. it's roughly 10am in tuscon,az and I have 6 hours of straight driving ahead of me. i need to get caught on some shop business and that will delay my departure to 11am. I estimate my arrival into SD about 6pm to 7pm.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I won't make it today either. If we can get a little more advance planning, I would love to go to SD for a day or weekend to roll some coal. I'm sure Gary and some other northerners would go, too.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you guys can't make it. take care of her Gary she needs u buddy. Calvin sounds good! Also knuckledrager that sounds good this fall Russ typ4 is comin down to meet some people he knows on the board that live down here so will plan it out or I will start to plan it!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Sounds like we may be close to having enough members out west for a "West Coast IDI Rally"

:D

I made it to the mini-rally last year at Towcats, good food and friends... Might have to step it up to full event status ? ;Sweet

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that would be nice does anybody have a open time or idea like a weekend thing or somthing? I know other people in town to some with nice ol 12valvers and such I like emm well any mech injected diesels are sweet so they would come too!

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
That Motorbreath guy sucks out loud... takes forever to respond...LOL

Wish i'd have been back to the IDI forum sooner to see about the meet up. Sounds like fun..

Probably for the better anyway.. i've been stuck at work, and now that i'm back, i'm in the middle of painting my **** of a house... got **** scattered everywhere...

Next time though...

Any of the SD guys desert going types?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calvin had a great time bs's with you at dinner and checking out each others truck. dinner was great even had cute waitresses lol. Also it was nice to see you David Thank For Dinner sir. all call hypermax again and check with John on the status. Jared and John we missed you guys!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor breath I am the type got to quads ones a banshee yeee haaa lol also about to get a jeep four runner ranger f150 idk somthing like that. Where are you? Russ typ4 is comin down and he knows some people in town and were all goin to Glamis.

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
Nice... Keep me updated on the Glamis trip. I've got a buggy that should be desert ready by Oct/Nov...