Making a parts run!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I decided I wanted to test my luck apparently. The week of the rally I will be leaving from NY heading to @Thewespaul shop in Texas. I don't have a whole lot of extra time or room but I certainly would pick something up if it's not too far out of the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

We're making a few extra stops to visit friends and family. I'll be in Pevley, MO on Monday the 8th. From there out the schedule fades to obscurity depending on how far we feel like going in one day, but we are both back to work on the 16th so we'll have to be back in NY by Monday the 15th.

After MO it's straight to TX. From there we're going to the rally for a little bit and then to Eden, NC.

If anyone needs something or just wants to meet up along the way for a little while let me know! I'm happy to keep something at my place for a little while if you need to figure out how to get it to your place.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
bring Wes to the Rally! LOL

that is a hike! i have done the TX trip thing before.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you might have room for a tailgate? Asking before I find one. I'll be at the rally all week.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bring Wes to the Rally! LOL

that is a hike! i have done the TX trip thing before.

Shh... I'm just wondering how we'll get him back and how ornery he is going to be when he wakes up in Tennessee with a headache LOL

Looks like you are coming through here.... I’m just off I-70

Neat, maybe we can get a chance to meet up. We're hoping to be the other side of the city before we stop for the night but if you have other recommendations I'm all ears. I'm leery of booking hotels not knowing if they have room for a 25' truck with a 25' trailer LOL

You think you might have room for a tailgate? Asking before I find one. I'll be at the rally all week.

Plenty of room for a tailgate if you find one. For what it's worth, I'm looking for the red reflector strip that goes in mine. I don't have much money but if you find one in your search let me know.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Neat, maybe we can get a chance to meet up. We're hoping to be the other side of the city before we stop for the night but if you have other recommendations I'm all ears. I'm leery of booking hotels not knowing if they have room for a 25' truck with a 25' trailer LOL

We are east of Indianapolis so before Indy coming from NY.... but we have a few nice motels, the one I like is the Super 8, it’s actually very nice, not a typical Super 8, and they have a truck parking lot. We have most of the big chain motels, and a few of them are right next to Home Depot, so their large lot would be an option. We also have a nice KOA.... it’s where we had the 2013 rally..... I can get you more information if you are interested. I’d like to meet up if schedules allow.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not have a tailgate, but Im sure theres one for sale between texas and ny. Wish I could make it up to the rally but being a one man show its gotten a lot harder to make time away from the shop and the phone, but better to be busy than the alternative!

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it I just did a local craigslist search for tailgate, same as I've done almost every day for a while and one popped up about 50 miles away. Contacted seller and am going to grab it today.

Sometimes just trying to put something in motion is all it takes.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm looking for the red reflector strip that goes in mine. I don't have much money but if you find one in your search let me know.
I have one of those that you can have.

No idea how to get it to you unbroken.

Or how much it would cost.

Or even how long it might take me. (Could be quite a while.)

But I'm willing to try. Just to give something back.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one of those that you can have.

No idea how to get it to you unbroken.

Or how much it would cost.

Or even how long it might take me. (Could be quite a while.)

But I'm willing to try. Just to give something back.

Why do you have to be the wrong direction? LOL I appreciate the offer. I'll think about it simply because I don't know if it would be cost effective to ship.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to be the wrong direction? LOL I appreciate the offer. I'll think about it simply because I don't know if it would be cost effective to ship.
Understood.

I figured it would be a while before I got it off the truck.

Then... Cut a piece of plywood, and strap it to the plywood somehow. Cover that with foam and cardboard, and hope they don't still find a way to break it...

And all that wouldn't be cheap to ship.

Plus, I don't get to town very often. So all that taken into consideration, it could be a while.

Still, I'm willing to try. LOL

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I decided I wanted to test my luck apparently. The week of the rally I will be leaving from NY heading to @Thewespaul shop in Texas. I don't have a whole lot of extra time or room but I certainly would pick something up if it's not too far out of the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

We're making a few extra stops to visit friends and family. I'll be in Pevley, MO on Monday the 8th. From there out the schedule fades to obscurity depending on how far we feel like going in one day, but we are both back to work on the 16th so we'll have to be back in NY by Monday the 15th.

After MO it's straight to TX. From there we're going to the rally for a little bit and then to Eden, NC.

If anyone needs something or just wants to meet up along the way for a little while let me know! I'm happy to keep something at my place for a little while if you need to figure out how to get it to your place.

Dang! Now that's a "road trip"! Will this be in your Brick crew dually?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood.

I figured it would be a while before I got it off the truck.

Then... Cut a piece of plywood, and strap it to the plywood somehow. Cover that with foam and cardboard, and hope they don't still find a way to break it...

And all that wouldn't be cheap to ship.

Plus, I don't get to town very often. So all that taken into consideration, it could be a while.

Still, I'm willing to try. LOL

Well at least I'm not the only one who packages stuff right! Whenever you get it removed let me know and we'll talk. Certainly no hurry on my end. I've been dealing with it for three years, what's a few more LOL

Dang! Now that's a "road trip"! Will this be in your Brick crew dually?

But of course! Figured I'd pick the smallest most economical and best riding vehicle I could find... LOL

Yeah it's a long haul for sure. I'm already tired of the drive and it's a couple weeks away haha.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda sucks you aren't running your route backwards. I have an engine and some parts that has to go out to Texas to a friend who is about 2hrs south of Dallas. The plan is to eventually ship it via Fastenal, but I'm sure he would have paid you the same if you wanted to take it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It kinda sucks you aren't running your route backwards. I have an engine and some parts that has to go out to Texas to a friend who is about 2hrs south of Dallas. The plan is to eventually ship it via Fastenal, but I'm sure he would have paid you the same if you wanted to take it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'll message you. You're not horribly far from me, depending on what I get done this week we might be able to figure something out.