Sad News

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Well I really dont want to have to say this but I do believe its time for me to get rid of the IDI. I really really dont want to but some things are changing that. With the rising prices of fuel its hard to keep the truck full, with it being my daily driver. I need something more economical and efficient, Amber and I are back together now and going strong, talks or marriage and starting a family soon. Again I really dont want to do this but to make this all happen I can not see myself with a car seat in the back of a 94 CC diesel, and it being the only vehicle....Anyone in the community who is interested in it give me a shout out on here. I feel like im letting the oil burners community down by giving up on it. Well not really giving up, I need to give up some things to get, Who's to say I wont get myself back into an IDI or PSD in the future. But for now its time to let it go to get the family started.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Its really not All Amber saying this I am in agreement to. If we allready had another vehicle for a daily driver there is no doubt i would keep this truck, but with it being our only vehicle and all I need something smaller, and less costly on the fuel. Ive never really needed a big huge truck, every since ive had it all ive ever hauled is usually wood for the winter....I really dont want to but I think i need to.

Who here uses there IDI as a daily driver, and is the only vehicle?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Its really not All Amber saying this I am in agreement to. If we allready had another vehicle for a daily driver there is no doubt i would keep this truck, but with it being our only vehicle and all I need something smaller, and less costly on the fuel. Ive never really needed a big huge truck, every since ive had it all ive ever hauled is usually wood for the winter....I really dont want to but I think i need to.

Who here uses there IDI as a daily driver, and is the only vehicle?

Im going to try to keep in a Diesel, im shooting for trying to find a diesel jetta.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i am in the same situation as far as the truck goes. all i do is drive to and from school and work. i don't need a truck let alone a 3/4 ton diesel. a guy at work has a later model VW Jetta TDI that he loves. i have considered looking at them since they can get great mpg and are still diesel of course. with rising fuel costs it just does not make any sense. but time will tell for me. good luck with your choice.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still use mine to and from work and school and i feel ya on the fuel costs. so i finally caved and bought a ford ****** as a beater. i am glad to have the money to buy a lil car cause i would cry if i had to sell the beast.

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - VW TDi of some flavor would be great. Very hard to justify 15 mpg if you're just hauling people. There will always be another time and place for toys.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the more fuel we use,the higher the prices are.
from a guy who NEEDS his truck.thank you very much for considering driving a small car rather than a diesel truck to help reduce our demand of diesel fuel.
it's mostly all the big rigs of course delivering our goods.but we all add up.
good luck with the more important things in life.:)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The only problem is now is the worst time to sell/buy. Trucks values are going down due to fuel prices, and ecOnomy car prices are headed up. If you want to do this, do it now. It's only going to get worse.

TDI's are great but their values are about to skyrocket.

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another small off topic... did you ever figure out if your MPG's went up after the injector replacement and timing?