?s on fuel additives...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I've heard about them, so I want to know what they do, are some better than others? Is there a big advantage to using them?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the cost of feul these days, adding anything extra is going to push the costs through the roof....IMHO. Honestly, other tha "fred's hair tonic" aka Stadyne lubricity additive, just about everything else is money down the drain. many years ago when I first bought my truck, I added the Redline cetane booster religously. Problem was with fillups as often as I did with a commercial vehicle, the $35/gal for a questionable improvement, didn't make much sense. Hence, I've given up spiking my feul. Face it, CA feul is going to suck. Just learn to live with it. Unfortunately.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Are the fuels being sold now No/Low sulphur? You need somekind of lube in your tank or you stand a high risk of premature IP failure.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
early on, the low/no sulphur feuls in CA did wreck IP's. They have figured out the formulations correctly now. Pump shops are nowhere as busy as they were a few years ago. i suppose when the rest of the country gets the same refomulated crap as CA has, the marginal pumps will get taken out. I've been really lucky over the years, I had a steady supply of IDI motors to scavenge and as long as I didn't "hop up" any of the IP's, I really didn't worry about pump calibrations.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I use Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant religiously. And have for over 10+ yrs. in the big rigs and all! IMHO! Hoss.... ;Really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online