Russ hard line delete kit help

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that it makes it easier to prime the system when needed. Makes sense to me.
But probably not worth having more parts and joints to fail.
It's also a good spot to use a clear hose to check for air intrusion.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does not make it easier to prime the system.
Loosening the fitting on the line kit will help it prime /fill filter , very fast.
Do you need a single cap? I can send one.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one. Thanks for the offer though.

Do you know where we can buy the copper injector washers without buying a whole kit?
Or, maybe you could add that to your store?

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff here. Been noticing my fuel mileage sucks Butt and when my coworker came in and said he walked by my truck in the morning and it smelled like a lot of diesel, I decided I should pull it in the shop and take a look at it. Turns out I had a pool of diesel at the base of the injection pump under the fuel filter hardline entry and 8 hard lines to injectors.
I’ll be doing the hardline delete it sounds like and I hope that fixes it! Nice I have this recent thread for the info! Hope your truck is running smooth now OP

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is running smoothly. Thanks.
I took it on the 70mph turnpike this weekend for the 1st time. I was on it for @ 1 hr. each way.
I was really nervous because I have the C6 3sp and the fastest I've gone was @60mph.
I got it up to @ 68mph and I don't think I was on the governor so I just set my cruise control there and sat in the right lane while most others were going 80mph.
The engine didn't blow but it wasn't easy trying to figure out what song was playing on the radio over the engine noise. ;-)
Luckily, I don't have to drive on the turnpike very often.