Russ hard line delete kit help

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing all my hard lines except for adding Russ' hard line delete kit.
I guess I'm an IDIot but I'm not sure how these parts work and there's no instructions for IDIots.
The brass females don't thread onto where the hard line was. Seems like wrong thread. And I have a Tee at the filter. I don't know what happens with that.
What the heck goes where?
Hopefully one of you has the time to answer before I finish this beer and open another one because I'm at a standstill. ;-)

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I've got if this might help get an answer so I can drive my truck tomorrow.
Also, when I was searching for answers, one of the posts mentioned that new olives were included in the kit and he said, "Nice touch." to Russ. Should I have those?

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_190313994__72827.jpg
    IMG_20191015_190313994__72827.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 32

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez. You all have been great. And I think I've helped out a few here also.
Didn't expect this. :-(
Maybe I pissed someone here off.
I guess I'll have to throw it together the best I can figure and see what happens.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez. You all have been great. And I think I've helped out a few here also.
Didn't expect this. :-(
Maybe I pissed someone here off.
I guess I'll have to throw it together the best I can figure and see what happens.
Maybe make a YouTube video for future generations.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone knows what I'm supposed to do with the return line that goes into the filter head after it's fitting gets replaced with the kit parts?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I could just plug the return line. Or delete it by changing that injector cap to a single-barb. Or leave the angled 2-barb cap on #1 and run it over to #2 and change the #2 single-barb cap to an angled 2-barb cap to accept the return line from #1.
If anyone is still listening, could you suggest which would be the best route, please?
Or maybe I should just put the old hard line back on?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my guess. I'm uninitiated on the subject, but I "feel" like that's correct. It's certainly what the parts appear to imply. Just plug the injector return line with a 1/4in bolt until you come up with a endcap.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the other caps to change it. But the existing ones aren't leaking so I'm hesitant to mess with them.
But if there's a benefit to running that return back into the system then I might do that as opposed to sticking a bolt in a hose and leaving it hanging there.
I could scab it together but I like to do things like this once. It's not a hobby for me.

Last edited:

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of recommendation for this kit on here. Seems really weird that I'm the first to ask these questions.
I wonder why OEM is to run the fuel return from #1 to the filter head but have a dead-end cap at #2.
Something to do with how the return fuel wants to flow? Could I create a suction lock by having it dead end at #1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online