Rims?

Preems14

Reaction score
Im buying new rims for my truck. And im wondering about the bolt pattern backspace and offset. I found Pro Comp wheels with 8x170 bolt pattern, 4.5 inch backspace and either 0 or 25 mm offset. will these fit?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bad news is that the 170mm rims won't fit, but the 6.5" x 8 bolt pattern is much more popular.

What size tire are you looking to end up with? If you aren't going too crazy, I would recommend sticking with the factory Ford (made by Alcoa) wheels as they are plentiful, cheap and the offset fits perfectly.

tractorman86

Reaction score
8x170 is 99+ superduties only and 8x165(8x6.5 same bolt pattern) all older 8-lug and newer chevy and dodge. IIRC chevy wheels have too small of a center hole but dodge wheels will work good.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I had the same question's as you about backspacing. Unless your going to go with a crazy wide tire, dont worry about it. When I ordered my wheels and tires I called up the tire shop, told them what kind of truck I had, and told them the wheels and tires I wanted, and they did what they did and I picked them up a couple days later ;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Umm I think your going to need the whole WHEEL. RIMS are hard to bolt on Your truck, without a hub.

FWIW, the E series still uses the 8X6.5 bolt pattern. So You can usually find a newer set at the salvage yard. Less miles = less nicks/corrosion, better looking wheels.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I dont think Alcoa and cheap belong in the same sentence, neither does Alcoa and plentiful, lol. Atleast not around here. To buy a set of used ones that are in decent condition (giving them some nicks and chunks out of the rim) will sell for $1200 all day long at a swap meet here.

I think the rest of the guys have you covered as far as other advice on your search goes.