rim question

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will rims and lugnuts off of a 3/4 ton dodge work on our trucks?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Those will fit. The thing to look for is how big the hole is inside the lugs. 2wd wheels have smaller openings. If it helps you feel better though, you can always take your truck over to his house and test fit one on your rear axle.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seller just told me tires are sold but he still has the rims. Still thinking of picking them up they look better than my rusty black ones.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack but will GM wheels fit? I know where a pile of 8 lug chevy rims are. I'm looking for a spare. I'm pretty sure the patterns the same but same deal, I'm not sure about the center hole size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think up until 2001 will fit, but remember, gm has smaller hubs. I can't remember exactly when they started that.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM 8 on 6.5 have different hub pilot diamter

Older Ford Dodge have same hub Pilot diameter but GM was smaller...typical light duty chev buwa ha ha ..

When Ford went to the 10.25 rear diff that hub pilot diameter changed ...increase and NO I don't know size...but I do know GM WON"T fit... newer dodge may fit I cannot speak to this on experience...

All have same 8 x 6.5" bolt circle and Ford went to 8 x 170mm Bolt circle in late 90's IIRC but not 100% on date..

Bottom line test fit the hub fitting over your rear axles hub and fitting correctly...if not..don't buy...

Hope this helps

Al

Reaction score
FWIW, there's a guy on FTE selling a set of Alcoas for $265 shipped, with caps. They're painted, but could be polished up pretty easy.

Mike

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Dodge 2012 on 94 E350. 8 on 6.5"
Center hub size is too small and needs expanding by 1/4"

Ford has largest hub, Dodge smaller and GM has the smallest hub. (Factory rims)

After market rims all use large center (not hub centric) any 8 on 6 1/2 will interchange.

Later Ford P/S use 8 on 170mm, vans never changed, and Ford even used a 7 lug in year supposedly. About as rare as Bigfoot sighting I guess?

Here's my "redneck" milling machine for hub work.
You must be registered for see images

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd buy as seven lug, mount it on the wall " Fords better idea". Lol

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT