Retrax Cover Or Tool Box

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a tough time with this one..... I used to have a retrax on my chevy, and I loved it..... But I like the looks of alum tool boxes... Here is my choice.. $800 for a retrax.... OR $200 for a large alum tool box with the rails on the top..... Here is the truck.... What do ya think would look better.... Cause I can make both of them do what I need to do...

Attachments

• dsc01734.jpg
    dsc01734.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 40

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless money is of no concern what-so-ever, that seems like a no-brainer to me.

Whit

Reaction score
Brian, I dont know what a retrax is??? but just guessing its some kinda taneau cover? your truck looks good man :) Looks like a short box? Things to consider if you go with a tool box.........dont get the kind that ride on top of the bed rails if you tow a 5er as it wont clear when you turn, also if you do have a short box you will have minium clearence for your 5th wheel of gooseneck ball with a toolbox installed, also if you go with a toolbox, consider getting the fueltank/toolbox combo.

Cheers, Kevin

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts have been, get the tool box and save some money for larger tires...... But that retrax rocks... Its just sooooooo expensive Im having a hard time with it......

Whit

Reaction score
Brian, buy what you want.......you only live once! If you dont you will regrett it. just tell the wife it will inprove economy and pay for itself within a couple years, my wife thinks my truck gets 50 mpg, she says if I dont drive it that I hafta go siphone out a few gallons so it wont overflow and make a mess :eek:

Cheers, Kevin

Max Power

Reaction score
Do both. Retrax will make a custom cover to go behind your tool box.

You can go with the tool box if you want but I guarantee you will spend the money on a retrax later. Once you have one you can't live without one.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the pace edwards bedcover.. Its electronic open and close... has a lot of cool features.....

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I've got a Sears Craftman Aluminum cross the bed tool box P/N 959887. It's 18" deep and allows me 8" of vertical storage beneath it...should I need to carry sheets of plywood or sheetrock. It was about $269.00. Do I see a 6' bed in your new truck? :eek: If so, return it immediately!!!

Last edited: