reprogrammed ECM

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DetroitDan
Spindrift, did you run your truck? curious as to what kind of times it could pull down, we have some of the same mods.
Dan, I ran my truck and it was 18 flat. This was on a hot muggy night so intake temps were sky high. It was stock at that point anyways. I have the ecm in now so maybe a second quicker.

spindrift

Reaction score
Dan,
I would have loved to run the truck at Lebanon Valley. Wanna' race? Couldn't pull the trailer up to NY and still get home at a reasonable hour. We had the trailer with us and a few of the kids. Camped at White Memorial Camground outside of Litchfield. Very, very nice spot. The lake is beautiful.

Joey,
Good luck with your H2 wheels. I just got a set of DMax wheels (Centerline) from a guy over at The Place. Wow, do they really set off the truck nice. I couldn't believe how much lighter the forged aluminum are compared to those steel boots. 20# per aluminum wheel and 35# per steel. What do you need to get for the pan? Honestly, I'm thinking that my next mod will be a Mag-Hytek tranny pan. Other than the OEM tranny cooler, I've got nothing looking out for the best interests of my tranny oil. We pull the trailer quite a bit so I'm trying to figure out what will be best for that 4L80E. That "cheap TC lock-up" that people talk about doesn't quite sit right with me. Anyway, I want to have a by-pass engine oil filtration system working before next summer and your pan might be a good match. I'll wax your truck and we'll call it even...whadya' say?

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you come up and wax it, the pan is free.
I just bought the Amsoil dual remote with bypass. I have been all over the underside of the truck looking for a spot to mount it. I am paranoid about leaving it exposed with the job sites I visit. I will skid plate it for sure. It was missing a couple adapters so It sits till they come.
Do you use the water injection in the winter? Ever run methane in it?

spindrift

Reaction score
Come up to Massachusetts? You gotta be kiddin' me. I get within a two hour drive of the Pats and I break out in hives.

Let me know when, and if, you're in Jersey.

I haven't yet used the water injection system thru a winter. We winter camp so this will be the first year and yes, I plan to use it. I currently run a max. of 30% methanol in my water tank. I can run a higher percentage but I still haven't played enough to find the lower flow rate that is needed to run the **** at these higher percentages. If I run the same flow at 40% - 50% ****, I get some BAD detonation. My flow rate at the 30% mixture is around 32 oz. per min.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by spindrift
My flow rate at the 30% mixture is around 32 oz. per min.
You sure that's right? Seems like a lot of water.
You can check Here for some info.
I know I'm only going through about a coke can a min with my boost levels.

spindrift

Reaction score
RF,

Yeah, I'm sure. The flow control valve has been calibrated. It may be more than necessary, as you suggest. I pull a decent load and I'm running 14-15 psi steady on hills, which is where I need the water injection the most. I'm hoping Santa Claus brings me a scanner so that I can tune my system better. Would love to know if that 32 oz. is more than what I need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7