Replacing water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of that AC Delco pump. Ford has the Motorcraft one in stock. Anythoughts on that one? I agree about the cheaper versions, even if they are lifetime warranty, but. I also want new. SO, what about the Motorcraft one?

Well if that was an option to which I could have afforded to go, I would have gone with it for certain. In COMPARISON to the other remanned pump I originally picked up, there was a difference.

I suspect that the Motorcraft one would be just great, I'd have preferred it, cost was deciding factor and warranty was no better than the one I chose.

Al

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be changing my water pump soon. I was wondering about the separator plate.

Can water or oil leak from the separator plate?

Does the separator plate have a gasket? If so, is it hard to change once the pump is off?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this picture in a service book, could be helpful to someone and does have something to do with the water pump :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, could you elaborate on how you took the fan nut off? I ask b/c I will have to replace my pump sometime in the future.....probably after the snow cleares

Status
Not open for further replies.