Replacement adapter on injector?

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to have uncrimped/glued as is coming apart, this is on a '94 and is different than the one that was post in March. I was trying to post a picture but my internet isn't happy. Does someone have P/N handy or a place to track one down?

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So your posting about that fitting between the injector and the line nut... Is it leaking... If not do nothing with it. They have a plastic sleeve on the pulse clamp area for the rotunda timing meters of long ago. My plastic sleeve or cover has been gone for years. No leaks... No problems. Now if you feel better about replacing it do this. Buy a new line for the van number one cylinder. The van line is made to fit without this timing fitting. They have it installed on the number 4 cylinder. Thats why we can time from either number 4 or 1 cylinder. My timing instructions tell me how much offset to put into my timing meters to use any cylinder I want.

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it is the timing adapter, finally received the picture. I think I am going to try and slip a new o-ring and cap on in the meantime to see if that is what it is leaking from. I went to loosen the injector line but it wasn't loosening easily, so I waited as I had a trip to make today.
You must be registered for see images attach

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
what the heck is that poor beat up wire doing there?????

looks like the outer plastic part of the slide down cover is all messed up, i would just pull it off at this point. if you do decide to get ride of the adapter i wouldent mind having it for a spare. my timing meter uses those factory ones.

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1990 E350 with this adapter on the #4 injector. Can I use the #4 injector line from a 6.9 or 7.3 in a truck to replace it and eliminate this adapter? Is the van filter head in the way or any other conflict that anyone knows of?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have a 1990 E350 with this adapter on the #4 injector. Can I use the #4 injector line from a 6.9 or 7.3 in a truck to replace it and eliminate this adapter? Is the van filter head in the way or any other conflict that anyone knows of?

Nope. Those lines will not cross over. Plus we can't just remove the timing adapter and force the line down on the injector. All these lines are a particular length. Any change will throw off the timing on the short line cylinder. On a van you can buy the truck line for number 4 and install it with no isues. Same with the trucks number 1 without the timing adapter on the vans being installed on a truck without the adapter.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did and it works fine. I took the adapter and 7.3 line off my 7.3 truck engine(#1 cylinder) and replaced it with a #1 cylinder 6.9 line that did not have the adapter. I will repeat it runs fine like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828