Remanufacured IDI

Joseph Spiers

Reaction score
I'm looking for a remanufacured 7.3 International IDI for a 1990 Super Duty . Was wanting a complete engine but long block at a minimum would be fine. Amy recommendations of a reputable company?

stevebates

Reaction score
Not recommending but just to let you know, A fellow in Richmond VA CL has a reman 7.3 IDI for close to 3K$. I do not know any of the details other than that.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of one I .Salt lake City Utah for 1300 it's factory Navistar rebuild for a bus tats a full getup

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, (Conestoga) and Wes (@Thewespaul) both do complete engines, ready to drop in and run. They aren’t cheap, but are quality products.

If you are looking for minimal downtime, this is the way to go. But, a complete, ready to run engine is going to be several thousand dollars.......

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, unfortunately I don’t believe mel is offering engines anymore, but Justin at R&D sells crate engines, I think around 4K for a runner last I heard, but he does a very good job with his machining. I do offer ready to run engines but my crate engine program won’t be ready till around May, so engines are local pickup only, and I’m scheduled with engine builds for a few months at the moment, so unfortunately can’t get a engine turned around quickly for ya

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the machine shops closing up because they retire or cant find good help , its getting increasingly difficult to get an engine built in a timely manner.

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. I had to go 80 miles outside of the Bay Area to find a machine shop that would work on my idi. There was no reputable machine shop close by that wanted to work on any diesel motor. Most did not want to deal with the weight and size. A few said that the soot dirties up their hot tank.