relocating gp controller for turbo install

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I am down to wiring in the engine bay before i can install my turbo and I am curious if anyone has installed an 093 without relocating glowplug controller. I just read the ats install instructions and the only mention of relocating is rerouting the throttle cables and the fuel lines, which I was planning on just wrapping in heat blankets. So has anyone left the gpc in the factory location and had good luck with it?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
yeah I helped a buddy of mine install a banks kit a while back and that is why I was expecting to have to relocate it but the ats install directions say nothing about it I think I was just install heat shield over the glow plug controller, factory oil pressure sensor and wire harness for these and see how it works

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've seen several turbos that were installed with the gp controller in the factory location. I suppose they worked.

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ATS kit, not sure exactly which one, since '97 or so, and the GPC is in the stock location. Works fine, but it's a pain to get to. I'd relocate it if you could.

Tim.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ATS Aurora 2000 kit (similar placement to 093) with the GPC in the factory location. I've even had to change the GPC once, wasn't bad at all. Like others have said, just use the heat shield and you'll be fine.