Rebuilding injectors

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes just as long to priority them local as to my side of the country..

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Hey Russ! I do believe your going to be getting them soon, i still have your address. I am selling an injector pump so I can use that $$ to get 2 more injectors so I can get a set of 8. Ive been spending to much dough on my truck, so ive been sticking to an allowance on things.

I found out today I have like 12 more injectors laying around here. You think I should hang on to all them for future use of the shims? Could you use them?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
send them along, maybe we can make a spare set cheap if you want, and I have always need shims, hard to buy.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I was surprised how little there is going on inside these things. I just disassembled and cleaned two of mine that were sticking open. Waiting to hear back as to whether or not it helped.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering making shims or at least attempting to! Seems rather easy to do on my mini lathe. Just going to use some old shims as reference and start machining away! This way I can do custom thickness washers in .001 difference for pressure. If it works great if not well IDK! Going to use 4340 http://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-round-stock/=dzd2d6 for its great properties as I have had luck with it in the past. It just takes really good cutting tools to machine it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how long it takes, usually about 80.00