Rear axle questions

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the rear end apart and I took one of the hubs off the shaft to look at it and this seal came apart and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. I have dual rear wheels and this seal looks like it is in three pieces: an outer dust seal and an smaller inner piece that lays inside the actual pressed-in oil seal. When I look for a hub seal at auto parts places they only show that inner press-in seal part not the outer two pieces. Any help on this? Thanks in advance. Oh, also if anyone has a good end yoke (the shorter one) for a 1350u-joint, I might be interested in buying it. Places want like $120 for one new.

Paul B

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use this part number from NAPA 34384. This may look like a one piece seal. but if you look closely, you will see that the middler part of the seal spins in the outer. I have these on my truck, and they have not leaked at all. Keep in mind, and part of the old seal may still be on the axle itself. I was working on a '04 SD, and for 15 minutes trying to get the new seal to fit on the axle, when I had another tech show me that I still had part of the old seal still on the axle.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your unitized seal pulled apart, the new one will look different, the napa one mentioned above is a good unit. The yoke should only be about 50 new from a spicer dealer.