RDT Questions

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
All this RDT talk has me thinking (I know... scary)
Anyway, I have a fair amount of oil in the bottom of my intake, My guess is it's from a CDR valve that has not been looked at for a good number of years. Can somone point me to some pictures of a RDT, where it was connected and what was used to block off the CDR valve stuff? I would like to try a "temp" setup to see how bad it really smokes. I am suspecting it does more then I want it too, but some might be the intake sucking it out too.
Thanks!

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
2 pics over in my TDS gallery .
just use a 1" expansion plug to block off the intake.

this was the 'temp' set-up i'm still running since last year :D be prepared for lots of blow-by.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
gotcha! That makes some sense now... I just got to get some tube and take stuff apart :) how did you attach the tube to where the CDR valve was? Does it leave something sticking out that you can just slip over?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
when i removed the CDR, there was a rubber 'standoff' still sticking out of the valley pan... small crimped metal band held CDR to it.
my 3/4" heater hose slipped in snugly & that's how i left it - but i intended to put a 90* pvc elbow on it so the hose didn't flatten so much making the bend. never got around to it, & it's stayed in place and doesn't leak.

you'll see pics of others' using a Banks plates up front - cooler set-up, IMO.