RDT into Exhaust.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, somebody was going to send me some fittings, and I never got them. Since I don't mind the RDT fumes, I've pressed ahead with my Exhaust system for the Moose Stang without worrying about the RDT at this time.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well, if you want I can allways be the guinea pig on this one, then again I believe you are using the Moose Stang for this projects.

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Well, after my new found revelation about my (hopefully) cdr, I am going to plumb the rdt into my exhaust. I had an rdt on my last truck, a 90 f350 w/ a 351 gasser and the slobbering gasses sucked. I figure, if anything, the slight vacuum (sp?) will just keep the oil from leaking through any leak prone areas in the engine while driving. Well, maybe not, but as they say around here, ain't skeered. I think that I would like to put it into the exhaust at a point where it is hot enough to fully vaporize the oil so it doesn't immediately start condensing and filling up my exhaust. Hmmmmm

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I have been scavaging on both of mine for several years., I welded a pipe nipple in the exhaust and screwed a ford anti backfire valve from a 460 in it and plumb the line. It evacuates the crankcase well and helps keep the crankcase in a negative pressure atmosphere. Weld the nipple at 45 deg screw on the valve and plumb the line it works well and all the BB fumes are out the tail pipe.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
RKOCH said:
I have been scavaging on both of mine for several years., I welded a pipe nipple in the exhaust and screwed a ford anti backfire valve from a 460 in it and plumb the line. It evacuates the crankcase well and helps keep the crankcase in a negative pressure atmosphere. Weld the nipple at 45 deg screw on the valve and plumb the line it works well and all the BB fumes are out the tail pipe.

So, you already did it and it works? Great, pics please :angel: .

SIKPUP

Reaction score
OK, I finally got tired of the blow by vapor, and turning off my heater each time I got to a red light, so the vapors wouldn't come in the fresh air ducts and blow vapors inside the cab ! :puke: I didn't know where I wanted to put the E-vac fitting, untill I decided to remove the race bullet muffler and put a straight pipe in ! So I made up a pipe with the fitting in it and just placed it where the muffler was and ran a hose back to it from the Banks fitting .

So far it works great, no really noticable vapors, maybe because it sucks all the time and they don't build up, so they aren't noticable when you stop !

It's only been done a few days so I'll keep an eye on it ! Sounds really nice with the straight 3 1/2 pipe ;Sweet .

Next I want to build a double cone air filter inlet pipe to feed the turbo with fresh air from the back of my cowl hood. :D

Mike :angel:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
towcat said:
here's the pic....
one other thing to think about is the type of hose you are using. standard rubber heater hose is good but will fail in a short period of time due to the fact that heater hose is not oil rated. there is a high temp silicon hose availible but not cheap. One more thing, any anti-backfire valve will work so the trip to the stealership can be avoided.

If you need a hose that will handle oil and other nasty things and will hold up to a severe environment, go to a farm store and get some tractor hydralic hose. They usually have nice long pieces with pipe fittings on the ends for a very reasonable price.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SIKPUP said:
OK, I finally got tired of the blow by vapor, and turning off my heater each time I got to a red light, so the vapors wouldn't come in the fresh air ducts and blow vapors inside the cab ! :puke: I didn't know where I wanted to put the E-vac fitting, untill I decided to remove the race bullet muffler and put a straight pipe in ! So I made up a pipe with the fitting in it and just placed it where the muffler was and ran a hose back to it from the Banks fitting .

So far it works great, no really noticable vapors, maybe because it sucks all the time and they don't build up, so they aren't noticable when you stop !

It's only been done a few days so I'll keep an eye on it ! Sounds really nice with the straight 3 1/2 pipe ;Sweet .

Next I want to build a double cone air filter inlet pipe to feed the turbo with fresh air from the back of my cowl hood. :D

Mike :angel:

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for playing guinea pig...

A few questions. First, about how much blow-by are/where you seeing?

Second, see any oil leaks yet? Were you able to determine if the exhaust is putting a vacuum on the breather at all times, or what?

Third, about how far back was the muffler on your truck? i.e. about where in the exhaust did the bung go?

Fourth, any pics? :D

I'm about ready to order my exhaust, so if I'm going to do this, I plan to order the parts today. IIRC the hose nipple on the Banks adapter is 1" or so; did you have to step down the size? If so, where (although I'm guessing that you did it at the exhaust)?

Thank you SO much... ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Agnem said:
EZ, somebody was going to send me some fittings, and I never got them. Since I don't mind the RDT fumes, I've pressed ahead with my Exhaust system for the Moose Stang without worrying about the RDT at this time.

Uh, that somebody was me and as far as I know, they were sent!!! I will start doing some checking because I just assumed you had received them. I will let you know what I find.

I guess at this point, if you are proceeding without them, and I find them, I will just try to see what I can do. I sent some stuff out (like the cab mounts purchased on Ebay by another member here) all at the same time. Everyone else received what I sent. IIRC, I had my wife deliver to the post office, I will see what she has to say as well.
Scott

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the USPS (making people go postal since 1789!) and Mel just don't get along for whatever reason...although my luck with them hasn't been exactly spectacular either...

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Several of us from my place of employment had words with them recently. Our W2s took almost two weeks to get to our homes. Many live in the same town, I live 15 miles away!!! No reason for it. They just said that since they didn't HAVE to be delivered until the end of the month, they just sorted them as they got time. What bs...

SIKPUP

Reaction score
The Warden said:
BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for playing guinea pig...

A few questions. First, about how much blow-by are/where you seeing?

Second, see any oil leaks yet? Were you able to determine if the exhaust is putting a vacuum on the breather at all times, or what?

Third, about how far back was the muffler on your truck? i.e. about where in the exhaust did the bung go?

Fourth, any pics? :D

I'm about ready to order my exhaust, so if I'm going to do this, I plan to order the parts today. IIRC the hose nipple on the Banks adapter is 1" or so; did you have to step down the size? If so, where (although I'm guessing that you did it at the exhaust)?

Thank you SO much... ;Sweet

#1... I don't see any blow-by while driving but at long traffic lights the blow-by seems to come out the tailpipe more misty, than a cloud out from under my hood. Looks like a set of gasser valve guides are starting to go. :angel:

#2... Doesn't have any oil leaks as of yet ! I had 15 feet of hose on it and it came out there before I hooked it up. The fitting pulled vacume , I checked before hooking hose on.

#3... My muffler was right in front of the rear, than into tail pipe over the axle and out by the bumper. I put the bung in the short piece that replaced my muffler. I like it straght piped !

#4...pictures are like the ones posted by JPR in this post ( pic1 / pic2 )
Pic of truck is in post on cowl air. ;Sweet

#5... Banks fitting is 1 inch and I reduced it to 3/4 with a metal fitting and also put the backfire valve in. I used what I had stated in the beginning of this post. ( page 1 ) I just used 3/4 heater hose for now to try it ! I'll replace it when it leaks ! :rolleyes:

Mike :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
Uh, that somebody was me and as far as I know, they were sent!!! I will start doing some checking because I just assumed you had received them. I will let you know what I find.

I guess at this point, if you are proceeding without them, and I find them, I will just try to see what I can do. I sent some stuff out (like the cab mounts purchased on Ebay by another member here) all at the same time. Everyone else received what I sent. IIRC, I had my wife deliver to the post office, I will see what she has to say as well.
Scott

Sorry Scott. I never recieved anything. How were they sent?