RARE TRUCK...SAD DAY

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
Well everyone Thursday was a very bad day....I looked for 4 months to find the perfect Dodge and Finally found it less than a year ago. 2004 Ram 3500, Single wheel, 6spd., Cummins, Quad Cab, Long Bed, 4X4, Sport,with the upgraded interior package. black exterior and dark charcoal interior. This truck got 26mpg on the hwy, 23 in town and 21 towing my 12,000 lb. trailer. On thursday to make a long story short a car pulled a U-turn 100ft. in front of me at 55MpH. I hit his car then proceeded to go off the road, down a ravine, thru a conctrete culvert and into a fence. Here are the pictures of the aftermath. If anyone can help me find a replacement I would GREATLY APRECITATE IT!! This is what happens when a Dodge diesel hits a car at 55mph, I walked away..And since I am a Firefighter and my station was less than 1000ft. from the accident I was able to assist in getting the other vehicles passengers extricated and and then loaded into the ambulance. I was taken to the hospital and have back and neck pain but other than that walked away without a scratch. THANK YOU DODGE!!!!

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• Dodge wreck 001.jpg
    Dodge wreck 001.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Dodge wreck 002.jpg
    Dodge wreck 002.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Dodge wreck 003.jpg
    Dodge wreck 003.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 55
  • Dodge wreck 004.jpg
    Dodge wreck 004.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Dodge wreck 005.jpg
    Dodge wreck 005.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Dodge wreck 006.jpg
    Dodge wreck 006.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Dodge wreck 007.jpg
    Dodge wreck 007.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Dodge wreck 008.jpg
    Dodge wreck 008.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Dodge wreck 009.jpg
    Dodge wreck 009.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Dodge wreck 010.jpg
    Dodge wreck 010.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a real bummer Dan, it looks like the frame actually broke behind the wheel in that one picture. Glad you walked away relatively unscathed. Where are you located?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Casper here, I thought that terrain looked awful Cheyenneish.

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
LOL ya the I had it towed to my house North of town. Good to know there's other people living in this huge state. :)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their fault... Taken to hospital.... back and neck pain.

You don't need my help looking for a truck, THEY are going to be buying you a NEW one ....... or their insurance company is.:D

Glad yer OK.:angel: :hail :hail :hail

www.autotrader.com best way I've found to buy a used truck with specific specs you are looking for.

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
LOL ya but I don't want a NEW one...16mpg...built out of plastic, 6.7L piece of crap, Bug eye headlights, I want my OLD one back LOL. Thanks to my truck I didnt even touch the airbags when they deployed :).

Dan

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL ya but I don't want a NEW one...16mpg...built out of plastic, 6.7L piece of crap, Bug eye headlights, I want my OLD one back LOL. Thanks to my truck I didnt even touch the airbags when they deployed :).

Dan

Ya I hear ya. I really like my '04.5..... Put 30,000 miles on it since I bought it 2 months ago. Been getting 11.5 - 13.5 loaded with travel trailers and 5vrs and 22-23 empty hand calculated hwy with it.

Had the lie-o-meter telling me 28.2 last trip back empty with a strong tail wind, usually reads about 3 mpg high. wish I would have just filled the main tank instead of just throwing the estimated 45 gallons I needed to get back to Indiana into the gravity feed aux tank with both tanks empty. Did make it back with a lot more left than I usually do.

I had a hard time just finding a quad cab, 2wd, 6 speed, SLT or better and a long bed out here on the right coast when I started shopping for mine.

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
LOL ya really. No actually I was on my way to the Fire Station because we were having Tornados..But ya that was after work...sucks to spend all your free time in the hospital...LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
YOU are OK and that is the bottom line :hail

I'm impressed at the off angle impact safety of the Dodge ;Sweet

was alkyhol involved or storm jitters ---the bonehead that pulled the uie...?

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
No alcohol was involved...When you are public safety officer and respond to accidents its really no different you just have to make sure that you have the best outcome for everyone as possible. They made a mistake and thats that so you just move on and hope and pray that the injuries are minimal to everyone. I just found out today that my truck was a special order from the factory and the closest way to replace it is to to special order a 2008 :-(.

--Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online