Rally driving recap

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
So, last September, I installed a new 093 cross over and up pipes from Typ4. Prior to, 9psi is all I ever saw, even after I used stove pipe cement to seal the mating surfaces.

Fast forward 9 months and hook up a 9500lb bunk house double slide, she tows much better. I averaged 65mph but the impressive part, I made the whole trip towing in 4th and 5th gear. I had needed 3rd gear many times previously and had even been knocked down to 2nd on occasion. Less smoke, more boost, more useable power.
Towing in the cool of the night I could use all of my go pedal on the grades and keep my EGT's around 1200degF. In the heat of the day, I had to let out of it a few times as I saw 1350deg a time or two.
I ran mineral oil skin didn't get to do any mileage calculations but I suppose I got about 10mpg. All in all, 1650 miles of towing and running around town without any major issue, could not be happier.

As a side note, my girl drove our 2001 F250 with 503,000 miles on the origional turbo and injectors and managed to make it from Greenbrier campground to our fuel station 6 miles from home on a single tank, netting 21.3mpg with bikes and camping gear in the bed. Not too shabby!

Here's both trucks at camp and gauges in both 4th and 5th towing the camper on the interstates. I had a 100 gallon transfer tank on both trucks and the 1991 had a generator, floor jack, extra box and a host of tools and supplies.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smokes less than before? :eek::eek::eek:.
I seem to recall a stretch of highway going to Cades Cove that is probably close to mosquito free at the moment.:Thumbs Up

(i might have had a hand in that too)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online