radiator overflow bottle

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Where can i get a new one of these guys? the little stem the the hose goes through broke and it leaks coolant? how do i repair it if i cant find a replacement?

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left a soldering iron (hot) on mine and burned a hole thru it, so I patched it with
~shoe goo~ That stuff is beyond strong!

I don't know if it's avalible in the US though.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
To make room for my third battery, I had to relocate my washer fluid resivoir and coolant overflow. I made the overflow out of PVC. Easy enough to do, just costs more than the stupid bottles from advance auto.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only source for a factory new one that I am aware of is LMC.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
yeah that should work fine... Overflow tanks are just that... a tank. I just got a universal one by Jegs I think from my local offroad racing place. As long as you have a place to mount it and some tubing to plumb it in.... it should work fine.

The mention of making one out of PVC I assume they mean that they built it out of large diameter PVC pipe from a home improvement store. All you need is some large diameter (I would guess 3-4" +) and some caps and a way to plumb connections on it.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

#1 in the pic is a vent hole at the top. I also have a sight tube running from the bottom of the assembly tapped in with a 1/8" elbow and running up with a small vent hole in it so I can see the level without opening the cap. I don't have a picture of that though, and its too dark.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Thanks but i think i'm just gonna keet the old one unless anyone can tell me if that bottle needs to be pressurized to work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online