radiator core supports

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am finally getting to put my truck back together but my radiator core supports is completely rusted threw and falling apart and was wandering if one off an f150 or a non diesel would work because i cant find one specifically for mine... thanks brian

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Just another tip, if your old supports are rusted out, your bolts will be shot as well. And those bolts are special bolts. So if possible, try to save the bolts from the rust free truck your getting the mounts from. Those bolts were like $60 each from Ford, when they still carried them, and they no longer do. So do your best to try saving them.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If I'm reading correctly you core support is rusted out?

Non diesel supports will not work unless you can utilize the bottom portion of the support and is grafted onto the replacement support.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are you talking about the entire Radiator Support, or the radiator core Supports. Supports, as in the brackets that are on the frame? I thought you were talking about the brackets on the frame.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no sry i meant the whole thing

does anybody make a new replacement? i have looked everywhere but cant find one

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
no sry i meant the whole thing

does anybody make a new replacement? i have looked everywhere but cant find one

Nope, there are places that claim they do but some have found out that they do not.
The best thing to do is graft the lower support onto a new gasser support as the upper half is the same. The dfference is the fact that the radiators are much deeper for the diesels than the ga$$ers.

I've got a few pics in the operation gold digger link that show the breakdown.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought of that but my biggest problem is at the bottom around the bends is rusted completly threw i dont know how it held on at all

RedTruck

Reaction score
As far as the bolts...I've used grade 8 ready rod. Works like a champ.

Paul

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
http://npd.dirxion.com/Main.asp
has anyone tryed one of these from national parts depot?

It does appear that they have a new listing that shows they may have a diesel core supports for $600.45, but here's what it says when you click on the part number to order.....

SUPPORT, RADIATOR, ORIGINAL, F2TZ-16138-C, SEE F-16138-9B FOR REPRO THAT IS NOT CORRECT AS FAR AS STOCK SENT TO DATE
:dunno

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently radiator supports are hard to find.

I posted an ad on Craigslist, had some guy tell me he had a new one for $163, but I haven't heard from him in almost a month now.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the NightMoose project (currently underway) I'll have to cross this bridge. I'll be attempting to utilize the bottom of an 84' core support on a 94'. The Diesel radiator is at least a full 12-14" taller than the I-6 Gasser rad.

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cleaned up mine and welded in some scrap metal I had lying around. Worked great and was a cheap repair ;Really
Got new bolts and spacers from LMC trucks. I thought they had core supports for diesel, btw?
You must be registered for see images