rad support

6"stacks

Reaction score
hey! does anyone know if the rad supports will interchange between an 89 f series and a 92 and up?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I know 87 to 91 is the same, but my crash parts book shows a different number for 92, may just be a hole drilled in a different place though and as long as it isn't the mounting holes...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Only if you change the fenders, bumper and grill assembly. The rad supports are different for the head light mounting holes 80-86, 87-91 and 92-96(97) for the F250/F350....Freak - I finally saw one of those oddball short diesel rad's the other day in an 88 SD....I guess the rad support that I sent back was for a diesel....LOL....Just not big enough for mine.

6"stacks

Reaction score
im in the middle of trying to put a 93 front clip on my 89 but im trying to keep the 89 rad cradle, from what i can see right now i dont think things are gonna line up quite right. any info would really be helpful. Thanks!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can pretty much figure the rad support is the keystone of each of the body styles. They won't interchange.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, the whole "kit and kaboodle" of the front clip bolts the radiator support. So if you are change the grill, fenders, and so on........you gotta have the correct radiator support to bolt all that stuff to. Now, you can just bolt in a IDI radiator into any diesel radiator support from 92-97 trucks.....PSD or IDI. So if you can find a PSD front clip from that body style, it will work as well. That's what I used in my front clip swap...See sig.

Heath.