quuck question broke down.

Madgod

Reaction score
Hey guys blew a return fuel line on the drives rear. Line split, cut off bad section but now too short. Question can I temp plug both sides to get home? Limited tools with me.

Thanks Paul

Madgod

Reaction score
Ok thanks, didnt think I could. Will have to call AAA .
Thanks for the quick reply.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
the only thing i can suggest it to use a hose from the fuel tank rollover valve or the axle vents. on the off chance its the same size it might work to get you home. also could try the window washer hose. dunno what else to suggest

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I this case what you can or could have done is remove the retuen line from the fuel filter and plug both open ends where it was connected too. Then cut that line to fit where you need it... That retune line off the filter is not really necessary for the truck to run. I never had that line on my engine and I ran for over 300,000 miles that way. Its is more of a problem when you chasnge fuel filters because all the trapped air has to go thru the injection pump but it will bleed out. Sorry for your troubles too. Kinda wonder why you split a line too. Might be time for a new return line kit.

Madgod

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, my buddy was driving the truck and trailer back from Bakersfield. I wasn't even in the truck with him. As luck would have it, he was hauling two miatas in the enclosed trailer and removed some fuel line from one of the cars. He managed to get back to HB, but said the truck seemed to lack power. Not sure what is going on. I just put in Mel's Baby moose and injectors with a new return line kit. So i was surprised when he said a line had split.

Bud's not a diesel guy so not sure if he really is explaining it the right way to me. He mentioned he tried to start the truck this morning and it didn't want to at first. Then when it did it smoked alot. I asked him what color and he said "grey". I'm going with just loading up on fuel, at least for this morning start up. He did say the egt's never went over 900 and the coolant temp never got hot. he was pulling maybe 8000lbs going over California grapevine.(5 freeway) doing about 35mph.

That seems a little slow to me, but not sure.

Thanks again guys.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a fair speed over that bump. Its a steep long climb. Just when you think your over it more comes at you. Then finally you see a tiny sign telling you this is the summit and you made it... Been over that mess way too many times to count now but 35 mph is about right..

Madgod

Reaction score
That makes me feel better about the climb. I haven't had a chance to pull that grade with the weight. I will get over to his house and see what's going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online