quick connect fuel line fittings

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me find the correct fuel line fittings that slide on to the sending unit? because i cant find anywhere that sells these sizes or with a 90 degree one for the return line?

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Dorman - OE Solutions Fuel Line Quick Connector-5/16 In. Steel to 5/16 In.(8mm) Nylon Tubing-90 degree --- Part No. 800-081

Dorman - OE Solutions Fuel Line Quick Connector - 5/16 In. Steel to 5/16In.(8mm) Nylon Tubing-Straight --- Part No. 800-080

Advance Auto carries the above

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man!!! but it seems like my return line is smaller than my main line....is this possible? my truck is an 85 and the sending unit tubes are different sizes? Does it come with the plastic bushing looking thing and the o rings?

Last edited:

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 seconds...i went to autozone and that part number didnt exist for a fuel fitting it was a sending unit repair sleeve of some sort. so napa is what i was told on to find that part. I still dont know if all these trucks took the same size fuel fittings... or do both accept 5/16 if someone could let me know please! ha ha

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The supply is usually 3/8 and the return is 5/15. At least thats what my 89 rig has.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
BigBlue 85,

I just looked at Auto Zone's website, their parts numbers are the same as Advance Auto.... That being said, the next time that you go by one or the other, locate their "Help" section, there you should be able to find the fuel line repair kits....

This reminds me of a recent trip the my local Navistar dealer, for a CDR. Partsboy told me we don't carry that anymore, you'll have to go to Ford. I asked him for his parts book on the International/ Navistar 6.9/7.3 engine and told him to start flipping pages and I'll stop him when I saw it. Four pages later and I finally have one on the way to Jackson, MS from Atlanta, Georgia.

Sorry for the wasted trip.....

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem he got on the help section on his computer and this guy was not very mechanically worth wile to be working there so i just left and figured id go to napa tomorrow... so supply is 3/8 straight and 5/16 90 degree fitting and ill be set thanks ?

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up both fittings today! looks like ill be back on the road soon. all i have to get is the retaining clips napa was out. i have a o ring kit ill use to replace the o rings. but there were some white plastic pieces that slid over the sending unit tubes before the quick connects...do i replace these or is this old technology? if i have to replace them where about do i look for those?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726