Question abut atf in fuel filter clean up?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
ATF in the fuel filter works great for me. Truck in Sig was running Rough filled filter let sit over night next day it purred like a Kitten. I'm not saying it's a magic cure but it does work for SOME Problems all I can say is give it a try what do you have Lose? I'll keep running it as long as I have a diesel As far as the So called EXPERTS Go they don't believe anything besides what they say just a wast of time arguing with them.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like there are quite a few that have had a positive experiences with the ATF filter trick. Since ATF doesn't seem to be rated very high in detergents or lubricating properties it would lead me to believe that it helps for some other reason, just don't know what it is. Maybe the penetrating properties of it allows it to get to parts that normal diesel does or maybe it is the added viscosity of it that forces passage ways clean. I'd be curious as what property of the ATF benefits the IP/Injector functions.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about ATF, but if I don't run a diesel additive in my 93 it sometimes dies returning to idle. If I run an additive it runs fine. So I typically run additive in every tank on either truck.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems I recall something about atf swelling/conditioning seals????
Its magic or snake oil one or both.
I've got no vote in an ip, it has helped lifters in gassers.(for me maybe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online