Question about return line system

caterpillar

Reaction score
Ok so i remember reading about plugging off one of the return lines, was it the one going back to the tank of the one going back to the filter by the shrader valve?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You can route them however you want you just want make sure that everything can "SEE" the fuel tank to bleed the excess off.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
it was the one that runs from the fuel filter to injector number 1. if its not causing problems i would leave it alone.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually end up dead heading my return lines back at number 7. All my cross overs are done up front. You can get a cap with a single nipple on it.

caterpillar

Reaction score
Agnem, what?? You plug it off at the number seven injector? and leave the filter return line connected?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I usually do is run from #7, to #5, to #3, to #1, with the filterhead Tee'd between 1 and 3, then from #1 to #2, to #4, to #6 to #8, then to the return line manifold. The pump runs directly to the retun line manifold. Crossing over in the front ensures that you can see your fuel lines better, and if you turbo in the future it is a requirement anyway. I use strictly 6.9L return line parts, even on my 7.3. I prefer the centered nipples and smaller diameter hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online