PSD swap in my 92.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the harnesses are different.hpop is no issue.they say the splits wont run right.I ran splits in my first engine with 95 pcm and no chip.ran perfectly fine and quieter than single shots.

Just use all the wiring from the parts truck.youll need to change the valve cover gaskets and harnesses unless your 99 motor has the 2 connector gaskets.using the motor out of the parts truck will make the fuel system easier to deal with, unless you want an electric fuel system wich is the way to go anyways.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I believe the harnesses are different.hpop is no issue.they say the splits wont run right.I ran splits in my first engine with 95 pcm and no chip.ran perfectly fine and quieter than single shots.

Just use all the wiring from the parts truck.youll need to change the valve cover gaskets and harnesses unless your 99 motor has the 2 connector gaskets.using the motor out of the parts truck will make the fuel system easier to deal with, unless you want an electric fuel system wich is the way to go anyways.

I bought the 95 F250 4x4 today for $700, complete truck. Rusted out but all the stuff I need is there and between the crusher weight, axles, springs and etc there should be enough to there to re-coup most if not all of my $700. I will be bringing it home this weekend. The ZF works good he said and the trans mount ears are in great shape which was nice too see, good working spare for my truck. I'll use the 95 engine wiring unless I can verify the pin locations on the mating connector between the engine and truck harness's are the same as the 99. I'm using the electric fuel pump from the 99 engine. I saved all the fuel lines from the cube van, they were mint and more than long enough to plumb my truck. I also scored a free 1.15/1.10AR used turbo this week too for a spare.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The van harness iirc is too short to reach the trucks harness.I put a van motor in mine, there was a reason I didn't use the perfect harness from the van.my harness was and still is junk

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The van harness iirc is too short to reach the trucks harness.I put a van motor in mine, there was a reason I didn't use the perfect harness from the van.my harness was and still is junk

This is what I was wondering, it looks like it might be long enough but maybe not....I'll have them side by side shortly so I can try stuff while I prep the new engine for spring 2013 install.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The 95 is in my yard, pics tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can get it running before I junk it. The engine has 340,000km on it, he ran it out of fuel so it might take some coaxing.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
When you said the trans mount ears looked good, what did you mean by that? Like is it common for them to be cracked or something?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The ZF's are known to have those bolt hole mounting points break off under hard strain or corrode off with age if you live in the rust belt like me. I have a working spare now that has both of them busted off but the 95 looks good to go. I also have a newer ZF from a V10 truck - same problem. You can weld new ones on and beef them up, just takes a welder who knows how to weld cast aluminum.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
She's rough but it has all the parts I need.
It has been run on waste oil at some point, notice all the copper tubing?....LOL:rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figures, youre way too far from me.I need that front bumper and nose

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The bumper is shot...LOL...I'm going to use the center part of the bumper trim and put it on my own plain painted bumper....Nothing an air saw and drill won't fix.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score

What would you do - Use the 99 engine with the 95 wiring and 95 PCM or just use the 95 engine the way it is? The 99 has 201,000km and the 95 has 342,000KM. Or should I put the 95 single shot injectors in the 99 engine?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The bigger injectors would be nice, but to less complicate things, I'd keep it single shot. Why not just do a compression check on both, then go from there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online