PSD intake question...

jvencius

Reaction score
In the air intake to my PSD (2K2), there is a green wire/hose plugged into the intake just upstream of the turbo. What does that line do and how do I remove it so that I can take that piece of the intake duct out of the truck? I'm asking 'cuz right near there is where the CCV normally dumped but since my CCV is relocated, I'd like to carve that rather-large obstruction in the airflow but don't want to do it with the tubing installed in the truck since chips/debris could pass un-filtered into the turbo and that's not a good thing.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
That the same doo-hickey as on the OBS ?

When you remove the air filter box to change to a Tymar type air intake........you just tie wrap that sensor near the filter.......

When you say "upstream" ....between the filter and compressor side...right :confused:

jvencius

Reaction score
geonc said:
That the same doo-hickey as on the OBS ?

When you remove the air filter box to change to a Tymar type air intake........you just tie wrap that sensor near the filter.......

When you say "upstream" ....between the filter and compressor side...right :confused:

Nope--I'm not familiar with the OBS engines, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Both sensors (OAT and filter-minder) are zip-tied to a wiring bundle near the firewall so they're out of the way but the line I'm talking about looks to be a vacuum line of some sort.

Yep--that means btw. the filter and compressor.

RenoF250

Reaction score
I believe it is part of the wastegate system. I think is you follow it back you will find it goes to a valve on the Y pipe that opens to allow pressure out so the wastegate opens.

DieselDon

Reaction score
Reno250. You are right. In the center of the intake ( Ford calls it a Charge Air Cooler crossover ) system, there are several things either mounted to or in the crossover . The hose you mentioned is attached to the Wastegate Control Solenoid and is part of the Wastegate Control. The should be a red hose there also and 2 wires from the PCM.

Another component sensor mounted in the area is a Manifold Air Temperature ( MAT ) sensor which give the PCM the most accurate data on air temperature/density as it enters the intake/engine. One last item on 1999.5 engine and later is a Manifold Inlet Air Heater ( MIAH ) which is designed to heat the inlet air during long periods of idling in cold weather. It only operates after the GPs have shut off and below certain temperatures..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726