Propane

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an idea about a propane set-up for a natually aspirated engine---Tank to somekind of regulator with a guage to a valve that it controlled eletronicly then to a nozzle in the intake. For the vavle i was thinking of having a half gear switch on the gear shift and when propane is needed i could just pull the switch and it would turn on. It just an idea for now. How does a Hobbs switch work?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something another guy ironically goes by the handle "Zigg" here did. Find his personal website and read the propane injection article. Sounds good for a NA but I am pretty scared of propane. Safe if you use good materials and know what you're doing, not safe at all otherwise.

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read all of his stuff thats were i got my idea the only real difference is mine wont have a micro switch on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Im gonna put my plan into action hopefully this weekend, i have a question for the nezzle i want to put in the intake lid i was thinking about putting a quick connect from like a air hose or something so i could u hook it when i dont need it at all, would it have a tight enough seal?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You will not see great gains from the propane on a N.A. engine. You have to watch out since many have head gasket problems after this upgrade and if You still want to do it make sure You get a flashback arrestor before the propane tank valve.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Actually I did see gains when I my system was installed on my 87 F250 NA. There were more gains when I installed it on my Turboed 89.

I am actually thinking about selling my complete LPG setup and going with a Water **** setup on the Cummins. Still deciding though,...

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im holding off for now i was think just for fun running propane into the stacks and light them up, but im not sure how