Preperations for an Overland/Camp build

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to buy some new wheels. Just bought some American racing 16x9 inch ar172s to use with the 315s. Im gunna run the stock suspension now, my bumpers trimmed. I feel like I def have room in my wheel wells for another 2 inches of tire so I will be fine. At some point ill just do the rsk to level it out.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a superduty coil spring swap would just be the best way to go. Like @Thewespaul did to the shop truck.
The shop truck is 2wd, project jerry is probably what you’re thinking of. That truck has axles from a 2003 6.0, which is still a leaf spring Dana 60. The coil spring swap is actually easier than the early superduty leaf 60 swap on the older trucks, but it’s what I had laying around

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop truck is 2wd, project jerry is probably what you’re thinking of. That truck has axles from a 2003 6.0, which is still a leaf spring Dana 60. The coil spring swap is actually easier than the early superduty leaf 60 swap on the older trucks, but it’s what I had laying around

I was only mentioning it because of the articulation you can get out of it but I really don't plan on crawling, it would make for a hell of a ride though haha, my 06 6.0 was a dream to drive. Too bad the motor would never stay running right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online