pre turbo exhaust leak

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I have a pre turbo exhaust leak........ driverside ....... would that make it sound like a missing cylinder? plenty of power, running smooth, no loping ....... just sounds like a slight miss (under load) and it obviously has an exhaust leak.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably up pipe and donuts need replaced, if its been leaking long there will be a groove worn in the up pipe and new donuts wont seal.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My 99 had a pretty good exhaust leak on the driver side. I thought it was the Up pipe to the turbo. WRONG. 3 BROKEN EXHAUST MANIFOLD BOLTS:mad: Yet another reason to pull the engine-cuss

just got done drilling them out and helicoiling them yesterday

zpd307

Reaction score
my back manifold bolt had broke, coupled with both uppipes leaking terribly and my cab stunk of diesel exhaust. and yes the motor came out....

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not getting exhaust in the cab, but I can smell it next to the fender and I can def. Hear it.

can't find the exhaust leak but found out where my fuel is going..... something called a filter restriction sensor??????

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Not getting exhaust in the cab, but I can smell it next to the fender and I can def. Hear it.

can't find the exhaust leak but found out where my fuel is going..... something called a filter restriction sensor??????

i know the fancy automotive exhaust smokers are expensive, but mabey try a smoke machine that you might use for making smoke for halloween. not as fancy as the expensive ones but if it gets the job done.....

we have used the one at school a number of times and they are really cool. you can pinpoint a leak easily and right away. just an idea.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
i know the fancy automotive exhaust smokers are expensive, but mabey try a smoke machine that you might use for making smoke for halloween. not as fancy as the expensive ones but if it gets the job done.....

we have used the one at school a number of times and they are really cool. you can pinpoint a leak easily and right away. just an idea.

Diesels are simple really. JUST LOOK FOR THE SOOT. And you found your leak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker