Pow'r Slider not Pow'r Sliding....

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Pow'r slider rear window and just recently it quit sliding. I was just out there messing with it and it has power at the switch and going all the way back to the motor. I installed this myself about 4-5 years ago and I see there is a place to lubricate it...though I must admit I've never done it....Anyway I know Darrin has one of these...does anyone else or Darrin experienced problems with yours? And what did you do to fix it?
Thanks Eric

pafixitman

Reaction score
Eric, is there anyway to detach the motor and test it without the load? Just grabbing at ideas, but that would tell you if she aint sliding because the glass is cocked or binding.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing and I believe that there is......but I'm not entirely sure and I don't want to disconnect something and then not be able to put it back together again. :eek: I know that there is cables and springs and pulleys and.......well that's the problem I don't know what is under there.....gonna go hunt the manual and see if it will shed some light on it; though it prob won't be much help....

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBay where else?!! Actually you can still buy them from the company who's name escapes me right now. It's Lourance I think. Anyway I found the instructions and it doesn't give any insight on the motor. I guess I'll have to dive in and see what's up with the motor.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yea it is called a Power Slider, you are taxing my memory Eric, I was having trouble with mine a few years ago, think when I did the sound deadening on the interior. I had mine all apart and lubed it all up and was able to reassemble it and when I got it back together it worked. Way I figure it, If I can tear it apart and reassemble it with some success, you should be able to do it too!:sly

Dive in and Good Luck! ;Sweet

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think the glass is just binding lube the track with Silicone spray. I just did my trucks windows and all the slow chatter effect went away. My driver side would only go down half way before the spray.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Eric.... Eric... Eric.... remember this... If you love it lube it buddy....

You'll do fine pull it apart, if you need to take pictures as you go along - these can be very helpful - I have done that before for vacuum hoses and brackets on the front of motors.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Eric.... Eric... Eric.... remember this... If you love it lube it buddy....

You'll do fine pull it apart, if you need to take pictures as you go along - these can be very helpful - I have done that before for vacuum hoses and brackets on the front of motors.