power steering pump

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the vibration stops, what is the gauge reading? Also, put your hand on top of the fuge and see if you feel anything... its spinning at north of 6k rpm so you'll feel it for sure.

-Chris

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Status update got the new gauge in and gave it a run. I found out that when I took the centrifuge apart and cleaned it. I must not of lined up the arrows.. so when I run the dirty oil out of the barrel u can feel it running.and when I switch it over to run on the mix out of the transfer tank that puppy hums pretty good.. now the prob that I have is that I need my bypass to dump into the transfer tank to or I will have a 35gal barrel full again.. :) so give me some suggestions on how I can fix that.. I know I need a t fitting and another valve.. hopefully the pics in the last post are working.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"T" the inlet to your power steering pump and plumb the bypass back to the pump inlet... that way no oil bypasses the centrifuge... and it all goes to and from where you want it to. That's how mine is setup currently and it works well... however the bypass valve doesn't have to be closed as far as to build proper pressure.

-Chris

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm up and running good got the barrel bypass and the closed loop for the transfer tank bypass... SO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. And what are you running for you oil to gas mix so I can get this right.. so if I'm running 10gal oil how much gas do I add 2gal? For the past few years I was just sock filtering oil and adding diesel to thin with a small amount of gas. ..thanks joe

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blend with 20%... which would be 2 gallons of gas... 8 gallons of oil for a 10 gallon batch but that's just what works for me. If less gas has worked for you, then go with that... some run 15%... some run hardly any... that all depends on what the vehicle will run.

20% is a safe starting point as its very close to the viscosity of diesel (depending on how thick the oil is of coarse)

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During a filtering run do you clean the centrifuge out during that 10hrs or just let it run? I haven't ran it for a continuous 10hrs yet. Running 3or4 hrs shutdown clean and next day start it up again. Baby sitting it

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically, I let it run for a few hours at a time... clean it out every 2-3hrs... I typically fire it up after work ... clean it out once or twice and shut it down before I go to bed... 5ish hours at a time...

So I start it, run it for 2.5hrs... clean it... run it for another 2.5hrs and clean again... ready for the next day. If I do it on a weekend, I clean it out every 3-4hours... or when ever I remember

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I have that space on top can you put a washer in that space or do you have to buy a new bowl? Prob did that when the first time I started it up and blew out the 0-100Pepsi gauge.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you start it with the bypass closed or something along those lines?

Take a picture of how yours currently looks as mine has seen over 150psi before and didn't fail... hopefully you didn't damage the rotor.

-Chris

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep when I first got it put together with air in the lines I 4 got about opening it. But I will get the pic tomorrow after work.prob got a washer gap. And I had it pop out twice today but I thought it was from me putting straight diesel in the transfer tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726