power steering pump

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick ? Before I finish building my setup. Do the tankless power steering pumps have some suction on the lower pressure end?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much but some... as long as its not above the oil level in the drum you are feeding it from, it will have flow to it though just because of pressure.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thought on this type of pump.
If your planning on filtering during the winter make sure the wmo isn't too thick or cold. (heated garage or area, etc)
Just thinking the pump might be running before the wmo gets to it.
I gravity feed my PS pump, but it has a reservoir on it.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn. I have the centrifuge dumping into the transfer tank and was hoping to cycle it out of the transfer tank and back threw the centrifuge.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you raise the transfer tank, then place the pump somewhat close to the tank????

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of your setup so we can see what exactly is going on

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So used oil is in the white barrel goes into the ps Pim then to the centrifuge. That dumps the oil in the transfer tank. When the dirty oil is done being pulled from the white barrel I will have a valve that will allow me to pull the oil out of transfer tank and cycle it threw the centrifuge again.. hope this sounds right..

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/ATTACH]
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So used oil is in the white barrel goes into the ps Pim then to the centrifuge. That dumps the oil in the transfer tank. When the dirty oil is done being pulled from the white barrel I will have a valve that will allow me to pull the oil out of transfer tank and cycle it threw the centrifuge again.. hope this sounds right..

That sounds good, sometimes it works to draw it out on paper, or Kindle, use some arrows etc, for direction of flow.
But I think you've got it, check out some of the other threads in this section, lots of pics.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prob going to put the pump/motor on the lower L portion of the transfer tank and hope it pulls it out to recentrifuge it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online