power steering pump

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, you mean a transfer tank like these..???
You must be registered for see images attach

If it is, I suppose look for a fitting of some sort, plumb it in so there is no bend in pipe or hose...

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep just like that just the upper portion prob about a ft high. Now I have the feed line running up to the top of the waste oil barrel then a hose going into the barrel... or should I drill a hole in the plastic barrel? And if I do how would I seal it.?

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have everything plumbed and hooked up. Put 10 gal of used oil filtered threw a 100 micron filter into the barrel. Added my me to to it and ran the system in bypass to mix.. now the odd ? Is do you really need to heat the oil to run it threw the centrifuge? I gave it a try and got the vibration like the instructions said and was slowly giving more pressure and the centrifuge just stopped running.. but before I can try it again have to get a new pressure gauge the 0-100 stopped working

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't heat my oil and I don't have any problems... but I do thin my oil first. I run mine at 85-90psi for 20hrs

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had the centrifuge running it had the vibration first then it got quite and seemed like it stopped spinning. Is this what I'm looking for? I never heard any high pitched whine.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will hum... you'll definitely hear it... its not silent at all but it wont be loud or anything.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for so many ?'s but when there's oil going to the centrifuge is there any dirty oil being ran threw it that isn't filtered entering my transfer tank?

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I will get u a pic of the setup. It goes from ps pressure side into a 3/8 t one side goes to a ball valve other side into a t fitting with pressure gauge then into centrifuge.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I misread your question... all the oil that enters the 'fuge is filtered. The oil that bypasses the 'fuge obviously isn't.. lol

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its working yes... but it needs to be running around 80 psi to work properly. Are you sure yours is stopping?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online