Power steering / braking issues

Bgirls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my problem is getting worse so time to solve.
in low speed turns approx 20 mph or less and not touching the brakes it is hard to steer and the only way to steer at a stop is in park or neutral and throttle up and turn the wheel.
is the problem the power steering pump or the hydroboost for the brakes?
it seems to be a steering issue but napa says they would sell me a power steering pump if i really want one but the cause is the hyrdoboost part.
the brakes work fine so my thinking would be thopposite from napa and others who have said the same as napa.

sassyrel

Reaction score
on the power steering pump--the pressure hose--when you take that hose off--youll notice a restriction hole--and since i dont have one--i dont rem the size--but--you drill that hole out larger--and it doesnt take many sizes larger than the now hole dia--and the flow increases quite a lot--hence better brakes--and steering--there was a article on it at the old tds site--but i never could get the archive function to work!!!!!-------the piece that the hose screws into--is the piece to drill out--have to take it out of the pump--dont drop things--believe theres a ball and spring in there--

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Drilling out the fitting might help but I can't help but wonder if you don't also have a PS pump that's getting weak.
If used to work fine and now it don't I would lean towards the pump if this has always been a problem I would think about drilling out the fitting that sassyrel was talking about.....just my .02 cents worth...;Sweet

sassyrel

Reaction score
mt--lots of gents on other forum did this--and solved problems--even with part wore pumps---