Possible tranny rebuild in the future?

85oilburner

Reaction score
so i was sittin at a light in town on a hill today, light turned green and so i hit it, not too hard and it was just free rev, prolly only for a second or so but it felt like enternity... then it grabbed hard. Shes got 260k on her so im thinking ill most likely be doing a rebuild if theres not something else that it may possibly be? its givin me some minor issues like that in the past but never that bad, i also have a pretty good vibration from 40mph to 45mph, it only happens during those speeds. Anyone know of anything it might be, or of any decent rebuild kits? its a 95 2wd, thanks.

Nathan

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i was sittin at a light in town on a hill today, light turned green and so i hit it, not too hard and it was just free rev, prolly only for a second or so but it felt like enternity... then it grabbed hard. Shes got 260k on her so im thinking ill most likely be doing a rebuild if theres not something else that it may possibly be? its givin me some minor issues like that in the past but never that bad, i also have a pretty good vibration from 40mph to 45mph, it only happens during those speeds. Anyone know of anything it might be, or of any decent rebuild kits? its a 95 2wd, thanks.

Nathan
40-45 mph vibrations is an indication of torque convertor lockup impending failure.