Possible totaled truck for sale

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many of you know i was rear ended several weeks ago. As of right now the insurance company is saying my truck is totaled, I am negotiating with them to get more money for my truck. depending on the negotiations, they may fix it instead, not sure. IF they do not fix it I have a whole parts truck to sell. It is a '94 f250 extended cab long box. 4x4 with a ZF-5. 191,000 miles gray interior that was pretty mint, but the driver seat is now broken and something in the ashtray is jammed. the rest of it looks good. paint is a little faded and the clear is peeling, metal is in good shape. the front end has no damage just the rear and the frame. I have 5 matching american racing rims with 35" wrangler duratracs, one tire is shredded, 3 are maybe 30-40% and one tire is brand new. i can even throw in at least one stock spare rim and tire, maybe a second as well. the truck runs great. it does not drive straight though. the frame is bent pretty bad. If i had time i would part it out myself, but I am swamped with work and dealing with neck problems from the crash so i am just trying to get rid of the truck whole. I would like to get $1500, but i am flexible. Ask me anything you want i will do my best to tell you everything i know.

you can see pictures of the truck when i first got it here.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?55610-asmith-s-94-turbo-7-3&highlight=

here is the thread and pictures of the damage
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?70748-Truck-DOWN&highlight=

As i said right now this is a maybe, most likely, but a maybe. I am putting this up to see if anyone wants it. I will not buy the truck back unless i know I have a buyer to take it right away. I just dont have the time or the room to have it sitting around waiting. hopefully this truck will help someone out.

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had cash laying around I would give you full price the engine and trans is worth more than that.

Sorry to hear about the crash.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad it's in California, I really need the tranny...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really hope you decide to fix this truck. if not, im very interested.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will see. I sent them my counteroffer yesterday and they said they would get back to me on Thursday. The problem is even if they give me what i am asking for it is not as much as the estimate to fix it. I know the frame is bent downwards, but looking at it I suspect the frame is also bent like a banana looking down on it. like this )). I have never dealt with anything like this, so I am not sure if that is fixable. Also I have significant whiplash from the accident. I am already on work restriction, can't lift more than 20 lbs. Shoot my 16month old weighs more than that. so with that restriction i am really getting behind at work. So we will see how this shakes out. any way it does, i hope the truck gets a new life one way or another.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see. I sent them my counteroffer yesterday and they said they would get back to me on Thursday. The problem is even if they give me what i am asking for it is not as much as the estimate to fix it. I know the frame is bent downwards, but looking at it I suspect the frame is also bent like a banana looking down on it. like this )). I have never dealt with anything like this, so I am not sure if that is fixable. Also I have significant whiplash from the accident. I am already on work restriction, can't lift more than 20 lbs. Shoot my 16month old weighs more than that. so with that restriction i am really getting behind at work. So we will see how this shakes out. any way it does, i hope the truck gets a new life one way or another.
your truck settlement is different from you medical settlement. truck you settle asap. medical you have up to two year to settle or you have the right to sue to keep it open.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bed you can have if you end up trying to fix it.
It needs some minor body work. But free is free!

You must be registered for see images attach

This offer is only extended to asmith
In order to minimize his loss.
If anyone else wants it 150$

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your truck settlement is different from you medical settlement. truck you settle asap. medical you have up to two year to settle or you have the right to sue to keep it open.

you are right. What i was trying to explain, is that right now and for I don't know how long into the future, I cannot physically do the work on the truck myself, and paying someone to do it is really expensive. I guess i was not very clear on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online