possible cracked flexplate??

superbeetle73

Reaction score
so i just got the green dragon runnin so good than now i get a slight metal plate vibration sound. progressively got louder. goes away while driving and is loud in neutral and park. what do i need to do to replace the flexplate . thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You may end up needing a plate that is no longer made but... You first need to know what you have. If you have the heavy cast iron three piece flexplate flywheel combo your out of luck buying new. They are no longer made plus if they were the cast iron wheel was almost $400.00...:eek: I have several new and used parts to those wheels and flexplates. Even have some new bolts.. Now if your flexplate is the stamped steel plate with the starter gear welded to it you have the newr plate and its easy to find another.. Any AAMCO or good trans shop will have this.. BTS in leakhill arkansas tran shop has them and they can handle plenty of hp. Why do you think your flexplate is bad...

superbeetle73

Reaction score
well it makes a metal vibration noise when in park or neutral it goes away when in drive. well i went to napa and no luck on a flexplate. if i can buy one from you that would be awesome. what do u need to know??

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need to know what type of flex plate you have in the ruck. Its either the heavy cast iron three piece or the stamped steel plate with the ring gear welded to it. I don't have any of the stamped steel welded ring gear wheels. Any good trans shop will have those or call Brian at BTS for his very good one. I'm using his because the converter he installs on the trans wont fit the older cast iron plates. Also if you have this stamped steel flex plate be careful with the crank spacer. Only BTS is fabricating them because ford no longer supplies them. They are a required spacer when switching from the heavy to stamped flex plates. They look just like part of the rear crank flange too. Several members have not noticied this and had difficultys installing auto to standard flex plates or flywheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.