por 15

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
yeah. I used the chassis black on my pulling truck frame over top of a freshly sandblasted clean frame.( but this truck never gets driven on the road and is stored in a garage) I was just wondering how well the "normal" por 15 holds up to normal road use and abuse and what little sunlight will affect the frame. On a daily driver

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I have not used it myself but have heard nothing but good about it. I plan to use it on my axles when I rebuild them. It is supposed to be stronger painting directly onto rust, not on clean metal. No sandblasting required, only degreasing.

dancrowley

danc01
Reaction score
POR-15

I've used it on my frame and the bottom of my cab and on the inside of the cab corners. I plan on using it on the under side on the bed too. It is expensive but it is a quality product. I've also used their two part epoxy putty and like it a lot too. Just don't get any of the paint on any thing that you don't want it on because it's a ***** to get it off. Dan

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Use it over rust. Not over paint. It is good stuff if you cover rust with it. Won't last if painted over clean bare metal or paint. It's good stuff. A Little pricey but good stuff.

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used it on a Mustang I had 10 years ago I sold the car last year and the stuff was still on there and looked prety good. The car never seen any winters.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't used it myself but a couple of buddies have and it seems to hold up well. I'm curious about how good rust-mort and rust-shield is. It is mentioned in a article in the May issue of Diesel Power.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Remember their motto, " We know what PERMANENT is".
It applies to POR 15 wherever it is applied--especially to skin. Wear gloves, old clothes, and a cap.

I have been a fan for over 20 years--good stuff when used as directed. Be sure to topcoat anything exposed to sunlight.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used por 15 alot, X2 on wearing gloves, it stays on skin for about 5 weeks. It does stick to rust better, it is also impervious to solvents, I've used it to seal the inside of a gas tank and it's still working fine.

-Rob

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used it on my 69 F100 - inner fender sheetmetal, radiator support....basically anything under the hood. I put it on with a foam paint brush over a fairly course sandblasted surface ( used coal slag as blasting material )

woody58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i used it on my wifes jeep cherokee on the hitch , it worked good just faded , i talked to a sells rep and he said por 15 should be painted over cuz it will fade

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
You need to follow their system. Use chassis black on clean bare metal.

They recommend painting POR15 with a top coat, it will not stand up to UV exposure