por 15

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Por-15 is an amazing product, I used it on the inner fenders/wells on my Chevelle, and my stepdads 57 Chevy, and my buddy used it on a car trailer he built to prevent rust, it is a lil pricey but well worth it.

Also as stated before make sure you wear gloves and old clothes

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
does a frame really get that much UV exposure? I just dont want to paint the frame twice if i can get away w doing it once:dunno

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
It is very sensitive to UV paint over it if it is exposed to sun rays.I have used it for years -even did a temporary fix on a rusted diesel tank ,layered it up with paper towels and POR (no fiber glass matt on a Sunday)it was an emergency fix that lasted 10 years.It will do anything they say it will and more.Let your imagination be your guide.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
For the Frame, the Chassis Black will serve You better. As long as it's clean. If there are spots of rust,paint the POR15 over the rust spots, then chassis black over the Por15

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Use it all the time for our restorations. Its great stuff, just expensive. Another really good product that does the same thing is Zero Rust. Both are great but remember that you MUST top coat over them or they will break down from UV exposure.

woody58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey brad when i did the hitch on my wifes jeep after one winter it has faded and is starting to show rust marks

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UV rays break it down, it turns it into powder, it won't stop rust after that. I painted my camper hitch and two years later its pretty chalky, should have top coated it. A frame should be fine without topcoating, it doesn't see enough light.

-Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online