Plastic connector thingy......

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. I got the replacement "T" things at the hardware store. Almost done with this adventure. It's HOT HOT HOT out so it's sorta like workin' in an oven!!

Dang, I wouldn't think it would be that hot with all them skeeters buzzin' ya, they should be kickin' up quite a breeze :rotflmao

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
it is routed under the turbo... I havent had problems with it thus far...... I don't have enough line to make it go in front of the intake hat. errr, dunno what I can do..... Intercooler is gunna be a PITA.... any suggestions? Stock turbo with a powerstroke intercooler........

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is routed under the turbo... I havent had problems with it thus far...... I don't have enough line to make it go in front of the intake hat. errr, dunno what I can do..... Intercooler is gunna be a PITA.... any suggestions? Stock turbo with a powerstroke intercooler........
sam-
take a look through here for some ideas.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4911
I have the ATS kit, but the routing should provide some ideas.
You sure like to dive in to the hard projects fast!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My return is still under my turbo as well. Its been there since installed in Aug 07. If you want to reroute that line, I bet you could use some braided vinyl hose of the right ID or better yet injection rated fuel hose of the proper dia. You just don't want any regular fuel line or natural rubber there as long as there is even the remotest possibility that you'll ever want to burn WMO WVO or biodiesel in high blends.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The ATS non wastegated kit kept the fuel return routed under the turbo with a sheet metal heat shield in between. For a little extra overkill in the heat protection department I wrapped it and the wire harness that run under there with header wrap and that;s after putting plastic split loom over everything . It shows absoloutely no signs of heat exposure.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the tee yesterday for the same reasons. But my tee is routed by the injector pump. Don't buy a tee that's 1/4 inner diameter the outer diameter will be too big. If plastic I think 3/16 is ok, for brass I'd get 1/8 i.d.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Err, well I already got the T and it's 1/4 diameter because that was what was originally there. They didnt leak ever, just the passenger side lines were all leaky. And yes, there are two plastic T things, one up by the injection pump and one back by #8.

As far as hard projects are concerned, the ONLY reason why I am attempting this is because my friend wanted to help, same one who put the stacks on..... Has any one on here put a powerstroke intercooler on their stock 7.3 IDI? I have a lot of good pics of a PS intercooler going on a 7.3, but with the ATS aftermarket setup..... If anyone has any pics it would be appreciated. I do have the blue rubber ford boots, that went with the intercooler originally. Right now we're trying to disassemble the front end, and its a bear. Routing of the tubes appears to be a challenge at best, just about EVERYTHING is in the way! But heck, it sure is gunna be kewl when we're done!!!!:peelout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70