Planning a LONG ride in the IDI. Can I get a rescue list please?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well Thanks to all who offered up contact info. I'm leaving out early monday morning & driving straight thru, god & IDI willing. I'm planning on shaking hands with deeproots, time permitting or by nessesity (sp?).

I got the homemade cruise control in, e-brake cable back on, FSV in (which was a waste of time), & the truck almost packed. No dis-respect, but hopefully I won't see any of you along the way LOL . Well, except deeproots to chill out if I don't make it down there in time to get the tractor.

Thanks again everybody. Southbound & Down :Sly

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Truck is getting the jitters I think. Radio stopped receiving local stations. Antena wire is shot. Books on tape & music CD are it I guess. New oil leak as of 2 hrs ago, & my H2O isn't working right all of a sudden. I have a BAAADD feeling about this.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
he made it to my place.

seemed like there were a few mech problems, but seeing as how I live 35miles from his destination he at least picked up the big truck a-ok.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well I made it ;Sweet. The IDI however suffered some injuries along the way. Some new paint chips from highway running, the radio quit completely 2 miles from my house so no radio until the first fuel stop in Richmond. Got it working again though. The rearend is toast, & some serious amounts of oil leaking from behind the crank pulley. The rear is eating up a bearing or something. I stopped to get it topped off & there is 1/2 inch of metal shavings & chunks on the plug. Bad vibration & clanging noise when coming to a stop. But I ran it almost 600 miles like that praying the whole way. I now have complete faith in the old boy!! Cost me alot in fuel but my homemade cruise control worked great, it ran @ the speed limit or better the entire time, & pulled thru even with injuries. What more could you ask for from an 18 yr. old truck??

Here's a few pictures of Big Brother carrying Little Brother home to heal :D

Attachments

• P9190016.JPG
    P9190016.JPG
    625 KB · Views: 24
  • P9190015.JPG
    P9190015.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 31
  • P9190017.JPG
    P9190017.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 18

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks EZ. That is one runnin' Peterbilt. It was more than a little scary doing 250 mile like that though. The IDI being that high up really messed with the center of gravity!!! Once I got the trailer & put it back there, that truck F L E W!!

Hey I forgot to mention it before. Many thanks to DeepRoots for the excellent directions. The place I was headed was right of Rt. 76 Just before the Fire Dept. I spent the nite in a hotel right up the street. Thanks again & good meeting you.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
h2odrx said:
Pictures??????

What you see is all I got right now. I didn't take any of the complete unit yet. I ran out of daylight when I picked up the trailer Tuesday & had to have the truck in Philadelphia, PA by last nite so I didn't stop for anything. Once the truck is done being checked over by Peterbilt in PA, I'll get some picture of the whole thing. If you look close in the pics above, you can see shipping plastice on the mirror faces & some other places. When they get all that crap off I'll get some better pics. The truck is Sliver Metallic & Black Cherry Metallic. Looks cherry in the sunlight, black from a distance, & plum in low light. Sorta neat I think.

Freight_Train said:
Hey, If I get my CDL can I drive that one! hee hee hee, Hot Rod Pete!

Come on man, the HMFIC always gets the new truck. But you can run this one if the latest applicant falls through.

Attachments

• P3190005.JPG
    P3190005.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 8
  • P3190004.JPG
    P3190004.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P3170017.JPG
    P3170017.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 9

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hee hee hee,worth a try.I do need to get my CDL just in case.Working in a machine shop is kinda a risky job now days.I could come in tomorrow and find out they send my job to Kamakazi land.Only thing I dread is that Freaking Physical.....
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Is that hte one that has the Fender Surgically removed by a 150Lb hunk of rubber flinging around at around 80MPH?