Planning a LONG ride in the IDI. Can I get a rescue list please?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, the new Peterbilt is ready & I gotta go get it. I was gonna fly but it's just to damn expensive. I've missed all the rally's so I don't know how she'll do on the highway, but I kinda want to find out. It's never been more than 200 miles from home....ever. OC, Maryland is the farthest is ever been even when the Fire Dept. owned it.

I gotta drive down to Valdosta, GA or Atlanta. The Pete is in Valdosta & the Trailer is in Gainesville, GA (just outside Atlanta). I'm waiting to see if there is a tractor in Gainesville I can hook my trailer with & load the IDI and run to Valdosta. Or vise-versa.

Which ever way it works out will determine the route I take. Valdosta will be straight down I-95 or Gainesville will be down I-85. If you're below EZ in Silver Spring, MD please post some contact info. Anybody from Fredericksburg, VA to the bottom of Georgia along I-95 & Atlanta on I-85 would be greatly appreciated. I end up stranded every once in a while in the car hauler & it sucks. Some someone to cry to would be nice should things turn ugly. Thanks guys.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my contact info is posted over on the BOOB also. 864-431-8112 Cell.
I-85 and I-26 intersection in Spartanburg County, SC. It's in the NW corner of SC. I'm about 3 hrs away from Atlanta on 85. As a matter of fact you almost made a trip down here if I'm not mistaken but we were able to get Joe limping just good enough to get home. Anyway holler if'n you need anything on your way through! I might even be able to hook yah up with a "Get out of a speeding ticket free" card! LOL ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah , that was the revised completion date. It's been done for about 2 weeks but I've had some issues with the bank over the loan due to the cost of the truck, I've got cars piling up from every direction & no driver lined up for the '04 Pete after the prospect driver backed out on me, so I have to move the cars myself while looking for another driver, & to top it all off, I'm trying to put the '04 in the body shop while I'm gone to fix some nasty damage done by a NEW steer tire blow out. Took out the hood, fender, bumper, flaps, & maybe the grill. It has NOT been a good few weeks :mad:

I keep asking myself "why do I want another truck?"

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
I might even be able to hook yah up with a "Get out of a speeding ticket free" card! LOL ;Sweet

Thank you for the info. Man I could use a stack of those cards if they'll work in NC too. I'm facing some serious trouble in Rowan County NC :eek:. Yeah I was ready to come get Joe if needed. I deliver in Monroe, NC 3 times a week. Spartanburg isn't far from there at all.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
How about the Gadsden run?You give up on a one car haul?Also,how much do you pay your drivers?Hell,I could always dump CNC work and get my CDL........Hee hee hee.I really hate working inside.Pays good and is a "set paycheck" but I really don't like factory life......

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
How about the Gadsden run?You give up on a one car haul?Also,how much do you pay your drivers?Hell,I could always dump CNC work and get my CDL........Hee hee hee.I really hate working inside.Pays good and is a "set paycheck" but I really don't like factory life......

I didn't give up on the Gadsden run. I'm looking/waiting for a load headed in that direction. There is some freight floating around going to Montgomery. Just waiting for rates to see if it's worth while. Drivers make 20-25% of the trucks gross revenue. My truck does anywhere from 6-9000.00 a week. Most weeks average about $7900 gross. It's good money for a driver, but car hauling isn't for everyone. If you've never done it, it will take you 2 month just to get used to driving cars onto the truck & walking around up on the truck, plus learning to chain them down(there is a right way & wrong way believe it or not.) A newbie driver won't turn the kind of money I mentioned for at least 6 months. Figure half of that, the learning curve is a *****!!

A set paycheck & set schedule are 2 things I've craved for a long time. I don't think I'll ever be there again though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, get in touch with me about a driver. :Sly

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I know all about the right way and wrong way of Hauling cars.I go on runs with a buddy to pick up cars at the salvage auction so I know he wrong way pretty good!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
I know all about the right way and wrong way of Hauling cars.I go on runs with a buddy to pick up cars at the salvage auction so I know he wrong way pretty good!

:rotflmao :rotflmao. Sometimes....hell, most of the time I don't use all the chains but the ones I do use, I use right LOL.

Mel I PM'ed you. I'm still looking for a radio for you as well. Alot of crap lately that does work, look, or sound good at all.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
apex,
I live 33miles out of Valdosta.
I live on hwy 82 between tifton and waycross.

I know all the local mechanics (if needed) and if nothing else would be good for something to drink, place to kick back/stretch out for a bit.

lemme know I'll get you my ph #

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Valdosta will be straight down I-95

btw Valdosta is on 75, NOT 95.....
if you were southbound on 95, you'd want to hook onto 82W in Brunswick than 84W in Waycross.

be wary of Southern Georgia roads.... just cuz it looks faster doesn't mean it is....
after 45 "towns" (which is defined as a church and one house with a 25mph speed limit) that fast route isn't so fast anymore.

later
drew

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
Valdosta will be straight down I-95

btw Valdosta is on 75, NOT 95.....
if you were southbound on 95, you'd want to hook onto 82W in Brunswick than 84W in Waycross.

be wary of Southern Georgia roads.... just cuz it looks faster doesn't mean it is....
after 45 "towns" (which is defined as a church and one house with a 25mph speed limit) that fast route isn't so fast anymore.

later
drew

Drew,

I've been down there before, a couple times. This is the third truck I've had built at Carterbilt Welding in Valdosta. From where I'd be coming from, 95 to 82 to 84 is the fastest way I know. Please PM me your contact info & I'll look you up when I get down there :cheers: . As long as the truck holds together, I'm planning on running straight through.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys who have posted and are not registered on the BOOB, you might want to consider doing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin