Planning a LONG ride in the IDI. Can I get a rescue list please?

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your idi will make it scott, that thing runs good, ive had my truck farther then 200 miles from my house, and my truck even in perfect running order has never been as solid as yours lol

you doing this long ride on a weekend?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
tbirdfiend281 said:
i think your idi will make it scott, that thing runs good, ive had my truck farther then 200 miles from my house, and my truck even in perfect running order has never been as solid as yours lol

you doing this long ride on a weekend?

I don't know. I have a leaking rean pinion seal, an oil leak thats getting worse, & my temp light kicks on when towing. I think the temp think is a bad sender or gauge 'cause when I come to a stop it drops right back to the "r" in normal. So I'm a little worried about 13 hrs @ 65+mph.

I thought I may be leaving for this tommorrow but some other things have come up. I may leave Sunday Morning early if I can pick up the tractor on a weekend. Don't know yet.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Any of you guys who have posted and are not registered on the BOOB, you might want to consider doing that.
I tried to post my info but can't remember the code??

Scott, i'm 2 hrs east of geo, so i'm not sure i'd be any help but if so i'll be there for ya!!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If You run into trouble on the weekend You can call my # even if You are not too close, I'm always driving some place so I may be close to You.

Have a safe trip.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, I talked to the truck dealer again today & somewhere along our conversation, I asked him to verify the fact that I could go either place (Gainesville or Valdosta) first. 2 problems developed at that point. I have to go to Valdosta first 'cause there's no truck in Gainesville anymore & second, there's no trailer in Valdosta that I can drag up to Gainesville with my truck (IDI) on it. So, I have to put the IDI on the tractor from a loading dock or go back & get it!! Loading dock it is. I'm not even sure it will fit on a headrack & if it does, it will be a dangerous ride up!! Should be ugly if it works at all. I'm gonna test fit it on my '04 tommorrow. The new truck is 4" longer so if it works tommorrow, I'll be OK. Point is my route will be straight down I-95 then across to Valdosta.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hell,stop by Gadsden on the return trip.I wanna drool over that Petercar!......and the IDI a little....

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know. I have a leaking rean pinion seal, an oil leak thats getting worse, & my temp light kicks on when towing.

hmmm, autozone has a mech temp gauge for $19. I think it'd be nice to know the real temp.
So should I pre-borrow my friends tow dolly :)
I don't mind driving a lil distance to drag you back to valdosta.....

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact info

BJ's cell is 678-416-9262
Mine is 770-301-5668

BJ will be in his big truck most of the day and wouldn't be able to tear away very easy, however he works out of Atlanta so would be close by in the evenings after work to lend a hand wrenching. I am pretty much able to pick up and go 24/7 so if you got stranded and needed a ride anywhere in the Atlanta area, give me a call. Aside from supplying wheels, I'm good at handing you tools, but not much else LOL

Hope you have a safe trip!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
geonc said:
:cheers: on your new "location" LOL :D ;Sweet

you talking about my east of NECKVILLE?

it sounds much better than nc coast?

google said 2 hrs but i can be in rocky mount in 1.5 and durham about 2? so who knows?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
h2odrx said:
you talking about my east of NECKVILLE?

it sounds much better than nc coast?

google said 2 hrs but i can be in rocky mount in 1.5 and durham about 2? so who knows?

LOL ;Sweet it's just a vague....{unless you actually know where Neckville is :Sly }
I 've had several pm's from NC residents {here and other boards} asking me just where N'ville is :D

Scott, safe travels ;Sweet give a toot on the air horn as ya go by.....sometimes I can hear I-95 traffic if the weather cooperates LOL

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well like I said I'm on the 85 but if'n it doesn't work out the way you hoped...Give a holler, I'm still showing a "Vacancy" sign from where the PAFixit family was parked; you could always leave the IDI here and pick it up the next time you make a run to Charlotte. Just a thought... ;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
geonc said:
LOL ;Sweet it's just a vague....{unless you actually know where Neckville is :Sly }
I 've had several pm's from NC residents {here and other boards} asking me just where N'ville is :D

I was just going by the 4 oaks that are near NECKVILLE those trees are 2 hrs from me? longer if you go by I40! :Sly

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's posted. I'm planning on leaving Sunday/ Monday. & I don't need a kick in the pants to find my way out of Harford County :backoff LOL . I have some work to do to the IDI before I leave. Sure wish I would have fixed the FSV before now!! I'll be going down on 95 & coming home up 85 from Atlanta. I'll keep the list handy in both directions though. I buddy of mine just picked up an '07 Pete from the carrier company & it shut down on him just outside of Spartanburg :eek:. The builder doesn't PDI the trucks so anything is possible. Keep posting. I'm a little light on SC members along I-95. I got the Boutin's covering I-85, so that's cool. They even have references! :rotflmao